So, for the last several months, I've gone back and forth about the future of my Etsy shop and my little 'Sweet Vees Creations' business. I've had such a fun time making cute things for kids and it's been nice to bring in a little extra income on the side. However, I was finding myself getting bored with the t-shirt idea and have kinda put the whole shop to the side while I decide what I'd like to do going forward.
Since that time, I've found myself gaining interest in another direction and have tossed around an idea for the last couple months. When I purchased my Cricut several months ago, I wasn't quite sure what I was going to use it for other than fun scrapbooking things. But then after using it for a bit, I realized that there was so much more you can do with it and that's when I discovered banners, cupcake toppers, napkin ring holders and so much more! Since getting my Cricut, I've made about 5 birthday banners and made a lot of party stuff for a couple parties. It has been a lot of fun and I've dabbled with the idea of maybe adding these fun little things to my shop. The reason I've waited to actually do it is because I wasn't sure what kind of response I'd get so that's where you, my fabulous bloggie buddies, come in!
What do you think about this little idea of mine? Would you purchase something like this? Do you enjoy decorating for parties and love the idea of extra help? Please shoot me your ideas and suggestions because I've been really considering this but I'd just like to know if it would be worth my time, ya know?
You can view a few of the banners I've made here and here and here. This post shows a lot more of the things I've done other than banners.
Thanks so much for your input!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















I think that it is a GREAT idea!!! go fo it!
ReplyDeletelol go FOR it! :)
ReplyDeleteAnother vote for adding them. They always look fantastic.
ReplyDeleteI think it's a great idea! I actually have a Cricut, so I can make these myself, but if I didn't I'd definitely be interested!
ReplyDeletethey look great...go for it!
ReplyDeleteMy girls turn 3 in two weeks and I've been searching & searching etsy for affordable invitations, cupcake toppers, banners, games etc. for an elmo theme.
ReplyDeleteI only ordered the game because I couldn't make it myself, but I will end up making the toppers and banner myself.
I say go for it!!!
How fun :)
You know I would buy one!! I love your banners and all your party stuff. Would love to get some for my sons 3rd Birthday in February.
ReplyDeleteI have been trying to figure out where to go with my shop too. I love the banners/party stuff you've made! I have a cricut, as you know, but I have no patience or creativity to make banners like you do! I think they're awesome!! The party stuff seems to be something that you love to do, so that's always a great thing to be able to do something you really enjoy for your business too! Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun! You should totally do it! =)
ReplyDeleteYou already know how I feel about this because I told you a while back that you really do need to add these kinds of things to your Etsy shop. :) You and I both know how popular these are so they would definitely be successful. On the plus, there's really no one else in our blog circle of friends who sells these so that's kinda nice too. I'm sure it wouldn't be any trouble for everyone to help you drum up some business by talking it up on the blog and maybe even doing a giveaway for you. Just some ideas! I know anything you come up with would be awesome and I know they'd sell so well! Very excited about this for you!
ReplyDeleteI think it's a good idea. I think your stuff is so cute and wouldn't want to make it myself! lol
ReplyDelete