Thursday, May 20, 2010

party assembly is underway!

I can't believe that it's already Thursday! Where did this week go? With the party only two days away, I've been a busy little bee trying to get everything put together and as prepared as I can so I'm not a crazy person on party day.

I'm really excited with how things are coming along and I'd really like to give some credit to Polka Dots & Pirates for all the wonderful inspiration! Jess is a party planning genius and whenever I visit her site I want to have a party just so I can decorate! Seriously, she's awesome!

Since we're going for a surfing theme this year, I wanted to incorporate as much beach stuff as I could to every element in the party. I've never planned a party were favors or 'goodie bags' were handed out so this was very exciting for me! One day while snooping around Michaels, I found some beach buckets (or pails) with shovels for only a $1 a piece and they came in several different colors. I thought it would be fun to fill them up with beach related items along with some other fun things I know kids love. Plus with all the color I've put in them, that's sure to light up their faces! Here are a few that I put together the other night:

partycanvas2 (Large)
Each of the buckets have a small tube of SPF50 sunscreen, bubbles, inflatable beach ball, surfs up sticker, spinning top, a small kaleidoscope, small water gun, an activity sheet about beach things and a whistle. I'm also making some decorated sugar cookies shaped in a '2' and and 'E'. They'll go in the buckets as well. I may also add some candy but we'll see what happens!

I just loved Jess's napkin ring idea so I went ahead and made some. They say 'Happy Birthday Evan!'. I also liked her cupcake topper idea so I did those too! Some have flip flops on them (made with my Cricut!) and some say 'Evan's turning 2!'. After I wrapped all place settings, I put them in a cute little bucket that I'm planning to decorate as well.

partycanvas (Large)

This is just so much fun! And I'm totally loving my new Cricut machine! I purchased the 'Life's A Beach' cartridge for the sole purpose of using it for this party. So far, it's working fabulous!

Welp, I'd better get going, just wanted to share some of what's been going on over here! Oh and if you wouldn't mind, would you remember us in prayer this evening. We went to view a house on tuesday night and we find out this evening whether or not we were selected. We want what the Lord wants for us so if you'd pray for His will in where we should live and that if this place doesn't work out that we wouldn't be discouraged or too upset. Thanks so much and I'll let you know tomorrow if we got it!

Now I'm off to do more party stuff!

6 comments:

  1. Love how things are coming along! Everything looks amazing and I love your plan for the cookies...that's a tradition of ours around here for the girls' birthdays!

    Just said a prayer for your house situation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the stuff for the party! You are so creative!! It's neat to see people do stuff like this b/c it gives me ideas!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Veronnica!! I love it all! I was at Michael's today, debating over whether to get some pails too for Kaylee's party. I don't know how many kids for sure will be at hers though. I hope you have lots of fun at the party!! And I said a prayer for you too for the house.....hope it works out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are soooo cute! That is a great site. Thanks for sharing.

    BTW I tagged you http://www.lovingmylifeblog.com/2010/05/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute. I used sand pails for Stunt Man's favor holders too. CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these things are SO cute! I'm exhausted just looking at them though! Someday when I have kids I hope I am able to take the time and creativity to make birthdays and other parties so special like you do!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin