We got up extra early and got on the road so that we could get there before most people showed up. We arrived around 9:30 and started walking around checking things out. They had a bakery were they make pies from the fruit they grow along with a little gift shop and store. The morning was perfect because it was all overcast and dewy out making it perfect to go berry picking!
Here's Evan and I in front of the many apples trees they have there:

Papa and Evan:

I took some pictures of the trees because I thought they were so pretty!


And then it was time to go pick some strawberries!

Evan really enjoyed looking for the biggest strawberries and trying to pull them off the vines. Some were a little tough and when they finally did come loose, he would plop on the drop from the force!



These next few pictures I think I'll get printed and frame them. I really think they are just precious!




Afterwards, we headed to Monterey for the rest of the afternoon. I was excited because I really wanted to stop at the Ghirardelli!!! Yum! I got a banana-split sundae but forgot to get a picture!
Remember the movie 'Forrest Gump'? Well, we got to meet him in person!!! (not really, he was just an actor playing Tom Hanks' character!).
Right outside 'Bubba Gumps' there he was just sitting there chattin' away with everyone passing by!

And Evan giving Forrest 'knuckles'!

It was really fun and totally unexpected!!
The weather was so nice and the ocean just looked gorgeous!!

The ocean water is usually pretty murky and icky but it looked so clear that day!
We had such a fun day and I ended it with a girls night out with some of my girlfriends!! It was a great Friday!





















I don't know if I haven't been paying enough attention lately or what, but - Wow! Evan's getting so big!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures - looks like a really fun day!
That looks SO fun!!! What great pics! And my hubby LOVES Forrest Gump and does a freaky-good impression too! :)
ReplyDeleteYour pics are so clear and beautiful! What a fun time!
ReplyDeleteyour pictures look amazing! I love berry picking. I want to take my girls. we've not been able to this summer
ReplyDeleteSo fun and the pictures are great. I am so jealous because I want to take my kids berry picking so bad.
ReplyDeleteLooks like such a fun day. That water is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat place! Those pictures are really awesome! I love the one of both of you. How fun they have a "Forrest" sitting outside. :D
ReplyDeleteWow! Awesome pics! Love the one of you and Evan the best!
ReplyDeleteYay for girls night out too! I'm long overdue for one of those!
Love your pics! I so want to pick some strawberries! They are so delicious that way!!
ReplyDeleteThose are some gorgeous pics, and that sounds like an awesome day! Berries *and* the beach??!
ReplyDeletethat looks fun!
ReplyDelete