Wednesday, September 1, 2010

heaven

That's my step-niece's name (is there such a thing as a 'step-niece'?).

Heaven.

Pretty name for a pretty girl. This year is her senior year of high school and this evening we headed out to do a mini senior photo photo shoot. It's weird because I've always felt that taking photographs for toddlers was hard because they never sit still or ever ever look into the camera but I was surprised that shooting for someone who actually will sit still and smile at the camera, was harder than I thought.

When the session began, we awkwardly tried to find some poses to do and I felt silly because I couldn't think of anything fun other than just standing or just sitting! It was funny really. Then slowly but surely, we eased into the session and found many beautiful areas to take some shots and everything felt natural after a bit. I was a bit bummed though because since it was the late late afternoon, there was a ton of shade and we all know what shade does to a camera, slow shutter speed. And with a slow shutter speed, you get blurry photos. Not good.

If you were to get to know me well at all, you'll come to find that I hate reading. Not the kind of reading you do for fun like reading a good book or your Bible, but anything that has to do with learning. I'm horrible, I know this. But I just can't get my mind to focus on something that's not that interesting to me. So you can imagine that I've probably never looked at my camera's owners manual to figure out how in the world this camera works with all it's bells and whistles. Just call me 'always set the camera on auto' girl and you'd be right.

Anyhow, one day, I'll open that book and learn all I need to know but for now, auto is just fine with me, blurry photos and all!

So on to the photo shoot with Miss Heaven. She did a fabulous job and let me just tell you, this girl has the most beautiful skin in the entire world! We're talking gorgeous. So the photos that did come out clear, look beautiful! I'm just thrilled about that!

Here are a couple photos that were taken and that I've had the time to edit this evening. So far, I'm happy!

DSC_0872 (Large)

DSC_0813 (Large)

So now, I'm off to edit some more and have my 'me' time! Somehow photo editing is a relaxing and therapeutic thing to me! I love it!

6 comments:

  1. Try setting your camera on the P setting. I used that before I learned manual and it works really well. Just give it a try. It even does good when you have to use the flash. It with blink the flash symbol, then just pop your flash up. It looks 50 times better then auto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW the two pictures you posted and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those, especially the 2nd one. I am just starting to learn how some of the other buttons on my camera work. The manual isn't that great though....I think I need tips from someone who actually has my kind of camera or something. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is she related to your hubby, because I think she looks a lot like him!! Great photos, and I always have blurry ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. editing is fun... even though I really don't know what I'm doing! :) lol and it is relaxing too... hope you enjoyed your "me" time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do pretty much the same thing with my camera. Auto function is my friend! :) I have been trying a few other functions here and there and once in a while I get a really great shot. I'm also finding that the best shots are the ones I take outdoors and def without flash! I'm learning a little at a time and maybe one day I'll crack open my manual too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin