Monday, September 13, 2010

i've gained a sister

Last Friday my little brother married his sweet heart in front of family and friends along the beaches of South Lake Tahoe. It was a lovely wedding with perfect weather. Everyone looked beautiful in their wedding attire and my brother made a handsome groom.

I had the pleasure of helping with the flowers and made the bridal bouquet along with the bridesmaids and the centerpieces for the tables at the reception. I felt honored to be a part of their special day in this way and was overwhelmed with emotion as I read 1Corinthians13:4-8 during the ceremony.

My plan was to take a bazillion photos but unfortunately my camera had other plans and most of the pictures I snapped where captured with my point and shoot. Therefore I only was able to get a few pictures of the bouquets I helped put together and I wanted to share one of them with you!

bouquet (Large)

This is the bride's bouquet which had 19 beautiful white roses along with a lovely purpleish flower that I don't know the name of (haha!) and some baby's breath. The stems were wrapped with a dark purple satin ribbon and decorated with pearled pins. The bride seemed to like it and I was happy with how it turned out!

Anywho, that's a little update of the wedding! I hope to get a more in depth post put together some time this week along with how my birthday shenanigans turned out!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. WOW That bouquet is gorgeous. Great job. Stinks about not being able to take pictures. :( Hope you get your flash fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bouquet turned out so pretty! Glad everything went well for the wedding too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin