Tuesday, September 7, 2010

a wedding is in my future

This coming Friday, my little brother will be getting married! He and his fiance have chosen a beautiful beach wedding at Lake Tahoe and I'm excited to get there!

I'll be leaving with Evan on Thursday morning along with my folks so that we can save a little on gas and hotel expenses. Unfortunately, my hubby won't be attending with us due to a lack of vacation hours and moolah! I'm very sad about this because we've always done everything together. Not to mention, my birthday is the day after the wedding and I won't be home for most of it to spend with him. He's been sweet though and has planned something special for us to do together that night and the next day. We'll see what it is!!!

So around 4pm on Friday afternoon, David Inman will marry his sweetheart, Brittany Morgan, on a beautiful beach in front of those who love them. Evan is going to be one of the ring bearers and today I went on a hunt to find a tie to match the wedding party. I was lucky enough to find one at a local children's dress shop and I tried his outfit on him when we got home. He looks so cute in his black slacks, white button down shirt and dark purple tie! I was so excited when I pulled out his outfit from my sister's wedding last September and it still fit! Yay! That was one extra expense that I didn't have to shell out! Not only that, I didn't have to shop around for the perfect dress to where as I had two dresses that I'd only worn once each to different company dinners when I worked full time. I was a bit nervous that maybe they won't fit because I've gained a bit since my working days, but I was pleasantly surprised that they both fit! The one I really was hoping would fit is a bit snug but if I were a shaper underneath, it'll look fine.

Now I just have to decide how to wear my hair and make up. I also need to search through my jewelry stash and see if I can come up with something that matches. Oh, and I need shoes too! I guess I've got a little still to do until Thursday morning!

Anyhow, I hope that everyone had a lovely Labor Day weekend and I hope you have a fabulous week!

*What? No pictures? Don't worry, I'll try to upload one of Evan in his outfit later...he's so stinkin' cute!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like it will be a beautiful wedding. I can't wait to see pictures of that cute little ring bearer! Little kids dressed up are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your brother! A beach wedding sounds lovely! I bet your little Evan looks adorable! I can't wait to see pictures!!

    Enjoy your family time and Happy early Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet he will look so cute!!! I hope you have a great time, and most of all I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see how wonderful you both will look! Sorry that Ben can't come, but can't wait to see what he planned for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're able to work out all these last minute details! A beach wedding sounds awesome and if we could do it again, I might choose that type of wedding!

    Bummer that Ben can't come but his surprise birthday plans sound fun!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin