While out, I picked up a pretty fall garland at half off to go on my fireplace. I just love the colors on it with yellows, oranges and some green. I think the green really makes it pop and I just love it! It came with little plastic corn thingys which I'm considering removing. It was cute though because when I brought it home and put it up, Evan saw the corn and kept saying "hot dog! hot dog!" over and over! It gave us a good chuckle!
On Friday night, I got out my Cricut and made a Halloween 'Trick or Treat' banner to hang on the fireplace as well. I couldn't decide if I wanted to make two different banners, one for Halloween and one for Thanksgiving, or just one generic one for fall. Turns out the Halloween banner won and that's what I did! I think it turned out pretty cute and after the garland was added, made the entire fireplace look at festive!



I also pulled out all my fall decorations at the beginning of September to help get myself in the spirit a little early. For the past couple years, I waited so long that I probably only had my Halloween decorations out for like a week before Halloween and they had to go back in their boxes shortly after so I wanted to make up for it by bringing everything out early. Everything looks so pretty with all the oranges, yellows and reds....I love it!
So how about you? Do you do any decorating for Fall? Do you have any crafts you plan to make to make it a little personal to you? I'd love to hear!
*I added this post to the Halloween Mantel Party over at The Stories of A to Z, head on over to check out the other fun and festive mantels!!





















I decorated for Fall yesterday! I had been putting it off because with the Summer temps I just wasn't in the mood!! I love Fall and the colors and am happy that it finally looks like Fall in my house! Outside is another story!! Really wish we could get some fall like weather!!
ReplyDeleteYour fireplace looks great! I think I am going to steal your idea of putting those wooden ball like things in a vase! I have a big glass vase and I was thinking of getting pine cones to put in it but I like what you have! May I ask where got those?
Jen
Super cute!! And funny about the "hot dogs". LOL! I don't really decorate much. I have a few things I put out. I don't have a mantle and I really wish I did for things like that!!
ReplyDeleteI love this! Great job. I don't really have and fall decorations. I guess I should buy some. Very cute!
ReplyDeleteLove your new design!!
ReplyDeleteone day, I will get into fall decorating. I LOVE this season and the fall colors but decorating isn't so fun at our house. not much to decorate and every space is being used. we don't have a fire place or anything to use so I don't really do much in the house. except Christmas. I think I love Christmas even better than fall. :)
ReplyDeleteit is for sure fall here in wisconsin! but i have yet to get my fall decor out, maybe i should today since i have people coming tomorrow and all my summer stuff is still out!
ReplyDeletelove your new blog look too!
Love the look of your mantle! We haven't decorated at all. Although I did plant 2 rust colored mums outside that are getting ready to bloom. Does that count?
ReplyDelete