I haven't mentioned it here on my blog but last week Evan and I made a trip to his pediatrician. One morning a few weeks ago as I was changing his diaper, he started saying 'hurt' and pointing towards his boy parts. I wasn't quite sure what to make of this so I just told myself to keep my ears open and wait and see if he says it again. If not, then there's nothing to worry about.
Well, a few days later, he said it again and again during a diaper change. This second instance concerned me a bit and I asked him to point to where it hurt exactly. All he would do is say 'hurt, hurt' and point to the same area. I still wasn't quite sure what to make of it so kinda felt around his pelvic area to see if I felt any swelling or anything out of the ordinary. Nothing. I didn't see any blood or anything like that so I just told myself to keep my ears open for more developments and if he continued to say something about it, I'd call his doctor.
Then a few days after that, we were in the kitchen, doing nothing related to diaper changing and he pointed to his bottom and said 'hurt'. Again. My heart just sank. What could be going on? I asked him again what hurt and he just pointed to his bottom and said 'hurt'. I spoke to my mother.in.law about it and she said that he may have been constipated during those times or he may have been passing very hard stools. Both good possibilities. So I didn't worry too much after that.
Then a few days later, he developed some diarrhea that was pretty bad. Every morning he'd wake up with a loaded diaper that leaked pretty bad and I had to change his clothes and bedding. He also continued to say 'hurt' so I decided it was time to call the doctor.
We made our appointment for last Wednesday and after his exam, his doctor found a small tear in his rectum probably from all his forceful diarrhea episodes and from large hard stools. She recommended that we take some stool samples into the lab to be checked for any bacteria or parasites that could be causing his diarrhea. So that's where we are now. I've been collecting his stools over the past few days and even though I've gagged many times, I'm happy to be going forward with finding out what is going on. Evan continues to say 'hurt, hurt' and pointing to his bottom and that has be concerned still. I really hope it really is just the tear and nothing more serious. I am a pessimistic person my nature so my mind always goes to the bad side. I always think of the worst and worry until I'm sick.
I'd like to ask for your prayers over Evan. Please pray that all his lab tests will come back normal and that his tear will heal sooner rather than later. Pray that if there is any bacteria or parasites that the doctors will have the wisdom in how to treat it and that while he's being treated that he won't be in any discomfort or pain. It just breaks my heart when he tells me he's hurting and I just want to take it away.
I'd also like to ask all you mamas out there if you've experienced anything like this with your kiddos? If so, what was it and how did you treat it? Thanks so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















So sorry. Hope he is feeling better soon. Praying they figure out what is going on and that he heals quickly. That is so sad.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry Veronnica.....I know how hard it is to try not to worry, especially when you don't really know what is going on. I will be praying for you both. I hope that you'll get your answers soon.
ReplyDeletePoor little boy and Mommy too.. :o( You are all in my prayers...Doctors too. Keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, your Halloween fireplace mantle is beautiful!
I am your newest Follower, hope you can stop by for a visit!
Thanks, Becky Jane
Raising kids can be a lot like weeding the rose bed...well worth it, but...OUCH!
http://myelevenreasons.blogspot.com/
Oh I am so sorry he his having a difficult time! I will say a prayer right now that the doctors will figure things out and he will be feeling well in no time.
ReplyDeleteoh, i am so sorry. i will be praying for you all. i know its hard not to worry so i will pray you get answers soon.
ReplyDeleteI am hoping and praying that it is nothing serious!
ReplyDeletePoor guy! Praying for the both of you (and Ben, too!)
ReplyDeleteBless his little heart. I hope it is nothing at all. I have 2 boys 3 and 4.
ReplyDelete