Wednesday, November 17, 2010

it hurts so good!

So today marks day 3 of getting back into shape and it hurts so good! haha!

I made it to the gym again last night and even though I felt like I might die, it was so awesome! I usually only take classes by two different instructors and they have completely different styles. I really enjoy the gal who teaches on Mondays, Thursday mornings and Saturdays. She teaches straight step and has tons of choreography which I love. I really enjoy the challenge and she has awesome music. The other gal who teaches on Tuesday and Thursday evenings is...crazy. She's like a drill Sergeant, seriously. I've always kinda not cared for her too much but her workouts are so good so I still attend her classes.

Last night was her interval training class and I forgot how much that class kicks my butt. I seriously thought I might die! She goes from one move to the next, boom boom boom. I need a break in between cardio intervals but NOOOOOO! I had to leave the class at one point and go to the womens room just to hang lean on the counters. My heart rate was so high I really felt like lying down but that would have been pathetic. When I returned to the class they were half way through one set so I just jumped in there and when the next set started I ran real quick back to the other side of the room to join them. Then I hear, "You need to finish your sets!!! Don't just do half of them! If other people start another, finish yours! Don't just run across the room and not finish!" I got very annoyed at that. Of course she was talking, I mean, yelling at me. I didn't realize that she was my aerobic boss. Everyone in the class, of all ages really, are in there and everyone has different levels. If I don't want to stand out like a sore thumb and continue a set that everyone else has completed and moved on from, then I don't have to. This is the reason I haven't really cared for this woman! But anyhow, I'm going to choose to ignore her and do what I want. Who cares what she thinks. At least I'm there and trying. Annoying!

This morning I loaded Evan up in the jogging stroller and decided to take a little jog around the neighborhood. I was running for probably 30 seconds when my calf muscles started to burn. I used to be able to run 2-3 miles straight and barely get tired but that 6 month break really set me back...big time! I've never really been a runner but I try my best and I'm proud of my 2-3 mile runs from back then. I'm hoping to get myself back up there and I know I can do it! It was so cute because Evan was turned around facing me almost the entire time and kept saying "Running? Running?" I kept telling him yes and he just seemed to like watching me. He probably thought I looked all weird! haha!

Anywho, I'm pretty much exhausted and my body aches. But in a good way. I love feeling this kind of pain because I know I'm doing something good for my body. I was planning to take the morning class tomorrow with the one instructor I really like but I noticed on the white board that there's a sub that hour so I think I'm just going to take the evening class with crazy lady. Hopefully more people will have filled it up and I won't be noticed as much. I'd really hate for her to yell at me in front of everyone again! I'll let you know if she does!

6 comments:

  1. You are doing great! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one lady does sound crazy. There';s really no reason to single someone out like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Y membership now and I LOVE going to Zumba and water aerobics. I've never been one who enjoys exercise or working out, so a class setting is perfect for me. It IS a lot of work that makes me sore, but it is SO worth it. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new follower please follow me back.
    Nancy
    www.findingblessingsineverydaylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for going! I have never taken a class like that, I have done spin class, which I liked, but basically the lights are off in there, so no one, like the instructor can really see you, ha! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DUDE!!!! You ROCK! I'm so proud of you! I'm so missing my step class, but I will be starting Pilates in January! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin