THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
For several years now, Ben and I have made it a point to set aside at least one evening per week to spend together on a date night. We usually always go to The Cheesecake Factory because we just love it there but on occasion we'll head to other restaurants for a change of scenery.
To be honest, I've never really considered eating in to be something of a date night. I'm not sure why that is but our date nights have always consisted of going out. So when a few weeks ago I was offered the opportunity through MyBlogSpark to try a date night in I decided to give it a try!
I was given a fun prize pack consisting of two delicious dinners to try out at home along with a $30 Visa gift card to help add to the ambiance of a date night at home!
The first meal kit I received was Wanchai Ferry's Orange Chicken and that's what I decided to make first. All I needed to add to it was some chicken breasts which was taken care of with my gift card!

While this orange chicken doesn't have the taste as the one at The Cheesecake Factory (which I love!) it was actually really really good! I was also happily surprised at how incredibly easy it was to prepare. To go along with our date night, I purchased with my gift card some sparkling apple cider, candles for the table and a pretty red table cloth. I would have taken a picture if the battery in my camera hadn't died! Honestly, I'm horrible with remembering to charge it even when it's practically screaming at me to do so! I was really bummed about that!
For the second meal kit, I'm setting aside another date night in to give that one a try so I'll be sure to post about that when we do it!
So now, I was given the opportunity to offer up a second prize pack to one of you!! How would you like to have a date night in with your significant other for free? Well here's your chance to!
Your prize pack will include:
One Wanchai Ferry Orange Chicken meal kit
One Macaroni Grill meal kit
and One $30 gift card to help set the mood!
How to enter:
Mandatory Entry
Leave a comment answering one of these questions:
1. Where did you and your sweetie have your first date?
or
2. What are some fun ideas you have in having a date night at home?
Then if you want an extra chance to win, become a follower of my blog (or let me know you already follow!) and receive one extra entry!
That's it!
The giveaway will be open until Tuesday December 7 at 11:59pm. Open to US residents only please. The winner will be announced sometime on Wednesday December 8.
In the meantime, why not take advantage of a wonderful online coupon for $2.25 off two packages of Wanchi Ferry and/or Macaroni Grill Meal Kits! To get the coupon, please click here.
Good Luck!
*Disclosure: All products/prizes, information and giveaway prize pack were provided to me by Wanchai Ferry and Macaroni Grill through MyBlogSpark. All ideas and comments are my own.























I'm a follower!
ReplyDeleteWe dated long distance, so we love to argue about what our first date was (now mind you, Mike had already told me he loved me and wanted to marry me before we had our first "real" in person date- even though we had spent lots of time together before when we were just friends.) Mike says going to a movie. I kept telling him he had to make our first date "good" and I wouldn't let him call anything a date until we did something really fun! And now all I can remember are all the times of me saying, "This isn't a date, this isn't a date."
ReplyDeleteWe went bowling for our first date.
ReplyDeleteThey just opened a new AMC movie theater by us that serves a full restaurant menu during the movie - I can't wait to try that out!
And, I'm a follower!
ReplyDeleteWe went out country line dancing! tracietrump@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteour first date was going to a movie....vanilla sky....very odd movie and i didnt like it :/ but sure loved my date :) happily married 5 years now
ReplyDeletei follow your blog :)
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I had our first date 15 years ago at a mall. We were 19 and 20 at the time.
ReplyDeletemami2jcn at gmail dot com
I follow your blog on GFC
ReplyDeleteOur first date was in Disneyland of Japan, it was fun and I remember we had a dinner at a fancy traditional Japanese restaurant.
ReplyDeletetcarolinep at gmail dot com
GFC follower
ReplyDeleteWe worked together, so after work one evening we went on a romantic drive together and parked and watched the stars with some sparkling cider (I was 19!).
ReplyDeleteWe enjoy building a nice campfire in the backyard after the kids go to bed when we plan an at home date night.
ReplyDeleteavennett AT verizon DOT net
Following your blog with GFC
ReplyDeleteavennett AT verizon DOT net
On our first date(11 years ago!) We went bowling and out to shoot pool! I even drank a couple beer(I hate beer)! I had a wonderful and easy going time.He became my best friend and slowly my boyfriend too over that next year! We were under 21 at that time,so long ago!
ReplyDeletejacksoncrisman@yahoo.com
I am a follower! Thanks for making this a fun and easy giveaway! Come follow my blog too!!!! Lets be comment buddies! Have a great week
ReplyDeletejacksoncrisman@yahoo.com
A game of croquet followed by a picnic in the backyard ---
ReplyDeletekarin56381 (at)gmail.com
We went to a party on our first date.
ReplyDeletetahearn at roadrunner dot com
A movie with apple pie and ice cream
ReplyDeletetahearn at roadrunner dot com
I follow with google friends.
ReplyDeletetahearn at roadrunner dot com