Anyway, once we got there I noticed that this wasn't your run of the mill everyday park. No, this park was entirely different from parks we've been to before. There were no swings to be seen and there was only one slide and the slide they had was so strange. To be honest, it looked like a tongue.
A very large green tongue.
Picture that! It had no sides to it like normal slides do but just a tiny little dip in the middle and it was so skinny. From the looks of it I couldn't imagine any child safely making it to the bottom of the slide without falling off the side.
Take a look for yourself....

I don't know about you, but that is just weird. Then to the left of the slide was this giant structure that looked like some kind of rock climbing thingy. It was so tall that I wouldn't feel safe allowing Evan to play on it until he's like in high school!

I saw these two girls climbing on it and I was scared for them. I heard their mother tell the smaller one to get down from it because she felt worried that she'd get hurt. Maybe this park was meant for much older children, perhaps tweens or teenagers. I don't know but I don't think we'll be going back there anytime soon! The only nice part (and I use the word 'nice' loosely) was a little toddler area that had a smaller version of the strange rock climbing thingy, a large turtle to sit on and a small tunnel that looked like a fallen tree trunk. Evan didn't even find it interesting or fun enough to play on so this is what he spent most of his time doing....

Opening and closing the gate to the fence! Why spend all that money on weird play thingys when all you have to do is put up a fence and install a gate! haha! But even though I was a bit disappointed with the park, we did have a nice time being outside in the sunshine and getting some fresh air. I guess now the hunt for a fun nice park continues....





















That's what you get in Northern California! :) It was probably some art student's college project. So strange. . . Thanks for sharing though!
ReplyDeleteWhat were they thinking?? Who's the brains behind that park? :) Very strange indeed.
ReplyDeleteThat is a weird play ground. That slide is so scary looking. I would not let Dustyn go down it. Hope you find a good park soon.
ReplyDeleteThat slide is hilarious!! Whoever designed that obviously has no kids!! LOL!! It does look like a tongue! Ha!
ReplyDelete