Today my dad went to a New Year's day party that an old co-worker of his was throwing and he brought along some New Year's cupcakes that he had asked me to make. I had a lot of fun making these for him and his friends! I was going to just make some just because for New Year's so I looked around online trying to find some fun ideas. I found this one from I Am Baker the other day and I just really liked the look of them. Plain and simple and easy enough to make.
I usually really like to take pictures of my cupcake creations on a pretty tiered cupcake stand or cake pedestal but since these were going straight into the carrier, the baking sheet had to do! You'll forgive me right? ;)

I thought they looked cute before putting the toppers on too!

I changed it up a bit and decided to just sprinkle some pearl sugar sprinkles on top and I use black glitter gel to write the 2011. This gel was a tad too thick and the zero's on some of them filled in on each other and it just sort of looked like this black ball in the middle of the '2' and'1'. Oh well! I'm sure they got the picture anyhow!
In addition to my fun New Year's day baking, I've come down with something and I just feel awful tonight. I've actually been coming down with whatever I have this entire week but it finally really hit me today. I'm all achy, stuffy and I'm running a small fever. I'm not sure how well I'll sleep tonight, so hopefully the hubby will make it to bed a little early in case I need to stay in bed longer in the morning...someone needs to play with Evan! We'll be missing church unfortunately and I'm bummed about that. We missed the last two Sunday's because of different things going on like the power going out and the day after Christmas. Plus this marks the 50th year our church has been ministering to our community and they'll be unveiling the new 50th Anniversary canvas at the front of the church tomorrow. I saw pictures of them on a friends Facebook page earlier today and they look pretty cool! Here's the link to our church's site if you're interested in checking it out! I was just looking at it and it doesn't look like they've added anything about the 50th Anniversary just yet but hopefully soon!
Anywho, I think I'm going to get all cozied up in my bed and watch me some 'The Office' with my tissues!
Hoping everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve with family and friends and that you all have a fabulous New Year!





















Your cupcakes look beautiful.
ReplyDeleteSorry you are feeling bad. Get some rest today!
Take Care and Happy New Year!
These are so cute! Hope you feel better soon. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteThose cupcakes are adorable! Hope you're feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteThose cupcakes look SO yummy! Doesn't Amanda have the greatest ideas? I love the addition of sugar pearls. Makes them look Fancy!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are feeling better soon. Being ill is no fun. . .
Super cute cupcakes!! I'm sure they loved them. Hope you feel better soon!!!
ReplyDeleteAw, many hugs coming your way. I hope you feel better very soon. These look so yummy. They make me want to spend a little extra time in the kitchen tonight!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Miss V!