Have you ever prayed for something, something little and then just forgot about it?
I do all.the.time.
Well, sometimes I get into this habit of staying up way too late visiting blogs, watching TV or working on projects and it's left me really tired in the morning. Some mornings I'm so tired I don't get up until after 8:30 and poor Evan is just hanging out in his crib waiting for his mommy to get him ready for the day. I feel horrible about this but I so enjoy my alone time at night that it's sometimes hard to call it a night.
Well, one night last week, I was actually sitting on the couch playing around online when I suddenly got this conviction in my heart. I realized that it was passed midnight and here I was yet again staying up late and not getting my rest like I should so I could be a good mommy the next day. Oh and let's not forget about the laundry basket of whites still sitting in the kitchen waiting to be folded for who knows how long. So I got up right then and there and put my computer away. I folded the whites, cleaned up the kitchen, straightened up the family room and after a bit went to bed.
But before I went to bed, I prayed.
I prayed and asked the Lord to help me get to bed at a decent hour so that I could get up at a decent hour. I prayed that I would spend more time playing with Evan instead of watching TV. I prayed that I'd find the right balance between computer time and family/home time.
And then I forgot about it. The prayer that is. Not the fact that I needed to change my late night habit.
Then on Tuesday night, I was sitting on the couch doing my usual blog surfing and website finding when I suddenly felt so tired. It's was only 9:30. I decided to get to bed early and was in bed by 10:10. It felt so good. Then I did the same the next night and the next night after that. By this morning I was waking up on my own at 7:00 and I was showered and dressed before 8:30.
8:30!!!! That's UNHEARD of! Unheard of.
In addition to that, on Tuesday I made it out to the park with Evan, on Wednesday, we made it to the library for Music and Movement and then free play and then today, we went to 2 parks and then visited my parents while Evan ran himself tired in the front yard. We haven't watched any TV today (except for me while Evan napped) and we're going to our first young families Bible study this evening for the church we visited last Sunday. It's been a good week!
And then this afternoon while out, I suddenly remembered my prayer. He is so faithful. Not only did He help me with getting to bed early, He guided me through my week with fun activities with Evan. And the best part? I had a blast!
I felt so happy this afternoon. God listens to the littlest of prayers and He even will answer them sometimes. It's that so wonderful? Oh and I forgot to mention that twice this week Evan and I even read together before nap time and I even cried during one of the books. Evan looked at me like I was weird but I was just so happy.
God is good, all the time. All the time, God is GOOD.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















I love to hear things like this!! I know exactly what you mean. I prayed that the Lord would help me not be so addicted to the computer and around that time is when the weirdos started looking at my blog and I had to switch it over. That was the best thing, because it really changed my perspective and I lost almost all my followers too, which was a good thing. I have a small group of blogs I keep up with and who read my blog and that's it. It was an answer to my little prayer.
ReplyDeleteHere's a funny one....I prayed I wouldn't be so addicted to Starbucks. Lately, I have been getting one and it just doesn't taste that great to me. I'm having a hard time letting it go though, but I know it's another answer to my prayer. LOL!! :D
I hope you have another great week coming up!
Sounds like you're having an awesome week! Happy Friday :)
ReplyDeleteI have been having this conviction too. I really need to pray about it. Thanks for your testimony.
ReplyDeleteV!!! I'm so proud of you & God is soooo faithful, even when we forget! You are such a good mommy & wifey! This blog made my heart smile :)
ReplyDeleteI have the exact same bad habit. Over the last few weeks, I have been staying up way past midnight and I wake up feeling drained. My kids are up by 6:30 too...there is no letting them play in their crib/bed. When they are up...they are UP! And because I am so tired, I find myself being really frustrated with them when I wake up. I just sort of drag myself around the kitchen making breakfast and then I chug my coffee, hoping that will be enough. Every day I swear that I will get to bed sooner but then the night comes, and I get caught up with projects, the internet, etc. So reading this post makes me realize that maybe God and I have to have a talk tonight. Maybe I need to pray for the same thing because this week you had...sounds absolutely WONDERFUL! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Bethany, this blog made my heart smile =)
ReplyDeleteThis is so awesome! It sounds like you and I have a lot in common. I'm so glad God met you right where you were and gave you the motivation to follow through on the things you were hoping for to help you enjoy each day to the fullest. Isn't it funny that when we give our full attention to the things that matter...life seems to be so much better?! Why don't I do it all the time?! One day at a time...doing better one day at a time...
ReplyDeleteLast night was a late one for me. Tonight is going to be better! Thanks for your encouragement.
Blessings to you,
Holly