Tuesday, March 22, 2011

memory

Today Evan and I went to Target to purchase a memory game. On Friday evening, he was playing one on his uncle's iPad and was doing a pretty good job! I was surprised at how many matches he was making by remembering where different pictures where. Since we have yet to get our iPad 2, they are sold out everywhere, I thought it would be fun to get a boxed game we can play while we wait!

memory1 (Large)

The game comes with 80 something cards and after I shuffled and laid them all out, I decided it would be easier for Evan to just do a handful or so at a time, so that's what we did! I laid them out on the coffee table right side up so that I could pick out matches and then laid the matches on the floor for him to play with. He seemed to really enjoy it and threw a fuss when it was nap time! I promised him that we'd play it again once he woke up so that's what we'll be doing in about an hour or so!

memory2 (Large)

I can't believe how big he's getting. It seems like everyday he's doing or saying something different than the day before. It really catches me off guard sometimes! Like over the weekend, he really started saying 'yes' a lot instead of 'yeah' when asked a question. He sounds so smart! I wasn't quite sure where he picked that one up but then realized that is was from me! haha! We were in the car yesterday and he was calling my name and I answered him with 'yes' and then I realized where it came from! I've always answered him with a 'yes' or 'yes hunny' so I guess he finally caught on. It sounds so cute and very 'proper' according to my MIL who is a school teacher!

On Friday afternoon my dad took him out for a hair cut and he looks so much like a big boy now. The lady who cut his hair styled it all cute with it all spiked up in the front, something I have a very hard time doing! So today I gave it a try and was successful! I guess it needs to be a lot shorter than I normally have it in order to do something like that. He's just so handsome. I'm not biased at all.

This evening we're planning to have dinner at Chili's because it's kids eat free day! It truly amazes me how much more the bill is when we order something for him. We usually try to pack him something from home when we go out just to avoid paying more plus he doesn't always eat what we order him and I'd rather take the chance with him not eating something that was free! haha!

So I hope everyone is having a nice Tuesday and that's you're all able to have some family time of some kind today, even if it's with friends! They can be family too!

8 comments:

  1. Memory is a fun game. Kyndra has a Melissa&Doug one that's pretty neat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a nice dinner at Chili's. You should post a picture of Evan's new haircut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! We went to applebees last night cause they have kids eat for 99 cents. ha ha. i can't wait to see his hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh fun! we love that game here. :) and kids eat free at chilis night! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had the chance to stop by in a while!

    Don't you just love Target? When we don't have much going on, Coop and i just love to go there and hang out...up and down the isles...testing out all the toys...getting a special treat from Starbucks inside. Kind of a Target addict really.

    This memory game looks awesome! I bet Cooper would love it too. He loves the matching games on the iPad as well. Crazy to think that when we were little, computers were bi ol' dinosaurs. Blows me away!

    Hope you guys enjoy lots of fun matching. So fun to find something that keeps their brains busy and working for a good chunk of time!

    Hope you had a great dinner at Chili's!
    Holly
    http://hallelujahsbyholly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I want to see Mr. Evan's new haircut too! :) My girls used to love Memory. I'm always amazed at their memory, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have Dora memory and Molly loves it! She beats me sometimes, okay, most times :) Molly is starting to say, "yes, sweetie, or yes, honey" Haha! It cracks me up! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin