
This past weekend was full of rain and stormy weather. Saturday night the winds where so strong that I thought the windows would burst! We decided to sleep with the bathroom window open so that we could hear the rain and wind. As I've mentioned before, I love the rain. It's always been my favorite type of weather. I know I sound weird but I just really love the rain. Ben does too which is pretty cool.
Last night we were over at my MIL's house visiting with some of Ben's cousins that were in town from Oregon. The last time we saw them was last September. It's always fun to see the two boys play together and have fun. We played Catch Phrase and it was so much fun! I really like that game because it's fast moving which is good for me as I'm one to get bored and start day dreaming!
Today is a quiet and cozy day. I got word that another one of my friends is expecting. That makes at least 5 of my friends who are. It's funny because I've always known when I was ready or not to have a baby and up until now, I was sure I still wanted to wait a bit longer, minus the little event last December. So now every time I hear of another friend having a baby, a bit of me gets sad. Half of me wants to now and half of me still wants to wait. I'm on the fence you could say. I worry about silly things like, "All my friends are going to be finished having all their babies and I'm going to be the lone mommy being pregnant all by myself". It's really silly. My sister and her hubby and my brother and his wife are both planning to start trying this year sometime and while that makes me excited and happy, I feel sad for myself. I'm going to be 34 this year and 35 marks when high risk pregnancies begin, or so they say. So that's got me all concerned as well.
It's so funny because in your twenties you look around while all your friends are getting married and you're not and then in your thirties you look around and all your friends are having multiple babies and you're not. It'll be nice when things settle down and everyone is on the same page, or does that ever happen? haha!
Anyway, this was kind of a woe is me random post. It didn't start are to be! I guess since not much has been going on around here, the random thoughts that go through my mind start to come out. That can be scary! haha!
Well, I'll end with this picture of the wonderful blessing that I do have. And what a blessing he is.





















That is a beautiful picture of the blossoms! I know what you mean about having or not having another one. We never planned to have our girls when we did....they just naturally came 3 years apart. And I wanted another so badly and then I realized I was getting too old to be up half the night....I really like my sleep! I'm 34 and now here we are almost 5 years after having Lily and expecting. I feel so old, since it's been almost 11 years since having Madison, but I'm just going to trust God that He must know what He's doing. He knows exactly when the time is right!
ReplyDeleteOh I can so relate! I was the last of my friends to get married, and all my friends have already had their first little one and are starting to have their seconds. When do we ever "catch up"? I have to keep reminding myself that my God is a sovereign God who doesn't believe in "catch up" but only believes in his perfect plan which includes his perfect timing. But it's hard to fight against feeling left behind. . .
ReplyDeleteOn a happier note- your pictures are both beautiful!
I love these photos. It is hard. It was opposite for me. I got married and had kids first, then everyone else didn't get married till I was on my second kid. ha ha!
ReplyDeleteI think there's all kinds of types out there. I know some friends who plan their pregnancies close to one another so their kids will grow up together. Not my case at all - still fairly close, but not planned that way. Somehow I find that to be over the top, but I can see their point. My best advice is to plan a baby on your time, when you feel you are ready. "Good things come to those who wait". I truly believe that. If you feel in your heart of hearts that you are ready now, I say go for it. Either way, Evan will love that baby no matter what. I was leary about having another one. Landon was just shy of six years when Liam was born, so I wasn't sure if they would have anything in common. I'm sure that will change as they get older and find things in common, such as sports, tastes, and so on. It will take time for that to take place. The good news is Landon is in love with Liam and a big help. If he had been two years, yes, they would have been closer in age, but he wouldn't have been able to help me like he can. They both have their pros and cons, no doubt. Good luck! It sounds to me you are ready, girl!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by tonight!
I think different stages can be difficult for everyone. Jeremy and I got married relatively young compared to all of our friends {21}, and we had Sierra when we were 22. At that time all of our friends were still single, completely carefree, could leave on a whim, still partied, etc. This didn't bother me at all because I was never a partier, but I think it was difficult for Jeremy and I as a couple for the first few years. We just couldn't relate to them the same way.
ReplyDeleteTry not to compare yourself to others. What's right for someone else may not be right for you.
Hugs!