I started going back to the gym again a little over two weeks ago and I was on a pretty good roll with going 5 times per week. There is a little day care at our gym that's pretty inexpensive so I've been taking Evan to it while I work out. That way I can get my work out done in the morning and it also allows Ben and I to go at the same time. Well, I'm not too sure I'll be taking him there again. I'm thinking that's where we got the latest sickness. I'm really bummed about this because it was just so convenient and now I have to figure out a different work out schedule and it's just a pain.
Today is Saint Patrick's Day and we usually do some fun stuff to celebrate but this year I'm thinking we'll have to postpone our activities or skip it all together. Evan's not feeling well with two ear infections, pink eye and a cold. My throat started to get a bit scratchy this morning and I'd hate to pass on whatever we have to anyone else. I'm just feeling really down this week. I haven't spent much time on the computer lately either and I know there's something wrong when I have no interest in that.
We've been saving up to purchase the new iPad2 and not surprisingly, it's sold out everywhere. I stood in line at the Apple store on Tuesday morning only to find out that they didn't receive a shipment that morning. Thankfully I only waited for 15 minutes unlike others who looked like they had waited since the wee morning hours with they lawn chairs and such.
Evan's new favorite movie is Finding Nemo. He asks to watch it all the time. I'm just glad it's not Toy Story anymore! I like that movie but it was just getting old. Speaking of old, I think another reason I've been feeling down is because over the past few weeks, I've been starting to feel really old. I noticed that I'm getting more and more wrinkles under and around my eyes that are really bothering me. I've also noticed the pores on my nose and cheeks more recently which has made my make-up look cakey. So I decided to snoop around Sephora a bit the other day in hopes of finding something to help reduce the appearance of my pores. I didn't have any luck (unless I wanted to spend a small fortune) so I decided to take a look online to see what others have done. I just love watching Kandee Johnson on YouTube along with Make-up Geek's Marlena. They are both professional make-up artists and they are just so cute! I love all the fun looks they do and I especially love that they share about the products they use and suggest. One look I've been wanting lately is a more dewy glowy look to my face and Kandee had this video for just that! I went to the mall yesterday and picked up the two products she uses in this video and I put them on last night. I really really like them! The pretty glow they give is awesome and just what I've been looking for. So thanks Kandee!
Make-up Geek's Marlena is just as fun and adorable! My SIL introduced me to her channel a couple months ago and I've been following her ever since. I found this video this morning on contouring and highlighting the cheek bones. Marlena also used a MAC product for the highlighting but just in a different shade and texture. The other really cool thing about Marlena is that she recently lost 90 pounds! I've mostly just watched her newest videos but the other day I watched one from two years ago and you can totally notice how much weight she has lost since those older videos. So way to go Marlena!
I'm still going to search out a product to help minimize the appearance of my pores and fine lines around my eyes. I just can't stand to see how my make-up lays over these areas and I know there's just got to be something I can do about it!
And with all that said, I know that my 'problems' are much much less important than the ones those in Japan are facing. I just feel so horribly for those people. I couldn't imagine losing all that they have lost. Really keeps things in perspective, even large pores and wrinkles.
Since I don't have anything fun to show for St. Patty's Day this year, here are the posts from the past two years on our festivities, here and here. Enjoy!
Oh and I think I'll leave you with a photo I took of Evan on Sunday. We were out in the back kicking the ball and I caught him in action!





















I am so sorry you all are feeling poorly again. That is such a bummer. I hope you guys are feeling better soon. . .
ReplyDeleteI will have to check out those videos. I can totally relate. I turn 30 this fall and my eyes are starting to show it. I guess I can't complain- they're smile lines, right? So that must mean I have had a happy life so far!
Your little guy is just adorable. I love his face in that picture. Such concentration!
I totally know how you feel, today with all our sicknesses :( It is so hard to see our kids sick! I hope you will all be feeling better soon! I have been feeling old lately too......feeling way too old to be having another baby lately. LOL!
ReplyDeleteWe are sick, too! Poor Lucy is on her 2nd anti-biotic, and she is only 3 months old! I feel like the worst mom in the world! Hope you all get to feeling better! I am awful at make-up, I have worn the same stuff and done the same routine since my freshman year of high school, ha!!
ReplyDeleteGreat action photo! I hope you all are feeling better soon!
ReplyDelete