Thursday, January 6, 2011

medical issues and stuff

So today marks day 10 of this cold or whatever you want to call it, that I've had the pleasure of playing host to. I started feeling icky the Monday after Christmas but the few days following, I felt pretty good. However by last Friday, New Year's Eve, I was feeling a scratchy throat coming on. By Saturday morning, I was pretty sick.

Anyhow, it kinda goes without saying that I'm ready to start feeling better already. As soon as I feel like I'm starting to feel like myself again, my throat starts to feel sore again. it's so strange. I was bummed this week because I had to cancel plans with my BFF Beth who was originally going to drive up from Grover Beach (about a 3 hour drive) on Tuesday for a visit and then I rescheduled for Wednesday which was eventually postponed again. I really didn't want to get her sick since she's in nursing school and I knew I wouldn't be great company anyhow. So we're crossing our fingers for this Monday! I'm planning to make us a tea lunch and have some fun playing the Kinect on the Xbox. I haven't see her since our visit in November so I'm very much looking forward to catching up!

On a completely different note, I was hoping to have some fun and exciting news to share with you all over the coming weeks but unfortunately it's not meant to be at the moment. During the week of Christmas, I was supposed to have my monthly visitor and it didn't arrive. I was beginning to think something was up by Wednesday of that week so I decided to take a pregnancy test. The hubby and I aren't planning to get pregnant at the moment and I'm on bi.rth control right now so if the test came back positive it would have totally been a God thing.

At first I wasn't so sure I wanted to see a positive test. We simply are not in a position right now to have another child so I was starting to freak out a little. Well the test came back negative so I was feeling pretty relieved. I went on with my business and by Sunday I still hadn't received my cycle.

Hmmmm....puzzler. 

I decided to take another test. Again negative. Relieved yet again but wondering what the heck was going on. And then I started to wonder something. The two tests I had taken were stored out in the garage after our move and it had gotten unbelievably hot in there over the summer so I was starting to wonder if maybe the tests had been damaged by the heat. I looked it up online and a few places said that extreme heat can damage the tests.  So a few days after I'd taken the second test, Ben went and got me a digital test so we'd get a straight forward answer.

Not Pregnant.

A few more days went by and two more tests...all were negative.By this point, I was starting to accept the idea of a possible pregnancy. I was actually starting to get a little excited and really wanting the tests to come out positive. So when test after test came back negative, I was starting to get really bummed. It's so weird how one day you can be totally freaking out and not wanting to be pregnant and the next you're wishing and wishing for it to come back positive.

Anyhow, to make a long story short, I called and had my doctor order me a blood test to get a final say and I got the news yesterday afternoon. It was negative. Again. Boo. But that's okay. The Lord knows where we are right now and He'll guide us to where He wants us to be. But what the heck is going on? I've never ever missed a cycle before in my life so this is all very strange to me. I'm so regular it isn't funny. I've always been regular even before BC so I'm a tad worried.

This morning I had an appointment with my doctor and she ordered some more blood tests to see about my thyroid and another hormone. She's thinking it might have to do with the BC I'm on but wants to rule out any medical causes. I'm hopeful that everything will come back normal but it never hurts to start praying.

Would you be praying over this? My doctor started throwing around words like 'infertility' and other scary words so you can imagine my fear of that! She wasn't saying that's me but you never know. It would be something completely different for me because we got pregnant with Evan the first month we tried.

So that's what a little bit of what's been going on in my world this week. I should find out the results of my tests sometime next week. I'll keep you all posted! Thanks so much for praying! You all mean so much to me!

5 comments:

  1. I will definitely be praying. The unknown is so difficult. How wonderful to know that God has our lives perfectly planned and only brings us good for his glory. . .

    I will also be praying that you start feeling better soon. Being sick is no fun. . . Did you have the doctor give you antibiotics in case it is not a virus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you. Hoping you get some answers soon. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh! I hate medical mysteries! I sure hope that things turn out just fine for you... I know they will! Don't fret too much, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying! I could totally relate to your feelings of not being ready, then hoping for a positive. Even now, when we aren't planning to have any more, if I'm a few days late I still get a little excited, and then a little bummed when it ends up showing up. I guess that's just programmed into us as Mommies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched your V(eronnica)log and completely missed this big ol' blurb right at the end!!! I'm sorry all that was going on :( I'm sad there's not a little baby just yet, but God's in control!!! He is goood :) I'm glad you're FINALLY feeling better though so we can get together! I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin