Saturday, April 30, 2011

easter recap!

So, things have been super duper busy around here this week and I haven't gotten around to posting about our Easter! We ordered an iPad 2 at the end of March and it finally arrived last Monday and that's what I've been playing with since then. My poor laptop has been neglected and so has my blog! I also haven't been around to visit many blogs lately either but I hope to catch up over the weekend.

So last Saturday we spent the afternoon coloring eggs. I still had quite a bit of stuff left over from last year but I still needed some dye to I purchased a couple kits from Target to help out with that. Evan seemed to really enjoy the process and even decided to wear his bunny ears I got him for his very first Easter back in 2009! He's still cute in them!

collage1 (Large)

This year it seemed that the colors were really vibrant which was awesome! I'm a total color girl so seeing all the pretty bright colors made me happy! 

collage2 (Large)

The first thing we did on Easter morning was check out Evan's Easter basket! Ben and I got him some new books and some candy. He decided that chocolate would be his breakfast that morning!

collage3 (Large)

Then after church we headed over to my MIL's house for lunch and had an Easter egg hunt for Evan! My SIL and hubby 'hid' the eggs out in the back and Evan had a great time finding them and putting them in his little cart!

collage4 (Large)

And of course my Easter wouldn't be complete without a family picture!

family (Large)

So all in all, it was a great day! My mom and dad came over after we returned home from my MIL's house and we sat and visited for awhile. It was nice to see my mom out of the house and walking with her walker. Things are sure going to be different now that she's a diabetic. Meals will have to planned so differently but I'm eager and willing to figure it out!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter with family and friends!

5 comments:

  1. That looks like SO much fun! What a wonderful family picture at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo of the three of you is precious! I really wish I was better at demanding a family picture more often :) I occasionally get one of the three girls, rarely get one of me with them {I'm always the one with the camera}, and almost never of the five of us together.

    I noticed the vibrant colors this year too. My favorite! So bright and fun. LOVE Evan's little cart to haul around his Easter loot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome family picture!! Sounds like a wonderful Easter. I love all the bright colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Wonderful photos. Love your family picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pics are always so vibrant and beautiful!! Great family pic! I love Evan's little egg cart!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin