Monday, April 11, 2011

urgent prayer request

I just wanted to hop on real quick to ask for prayer for my mom. On Sunday morning she started experiencing some weird symptoms of dizziness, double vision, progressing decreased movement on her right side along with vomiting. My dad called 911 and she was rushed to the emergency room. What at first was thought to have been a stroke turned out to be a mass found on her brain right between her eyes. Her left eye is crossed causing her double vision and she's unable to get up at all by herself. I spent about 5 hours at the hospital today and was thankful to have my dad, sister and brother there as well. The doctor says that she'll need an operation to remove the tumor (which is benign, thank goodness) so we're looking at sometime early next week.

The major things that need prayer are obviously her surgery but my parents are both unemployed and have no medical coverage. Right now we're not sure how any of their medical bills are going to be paid but we're hopeful for Medical to accept her application. Understandably, my dad is very stressed about this and frankly, so am I. As far as her surgery is concerned, the doctor has expressed concern that even with it, there are no guarantees that it'll be a success. The damage that has already been done may not be reversed as well as additional damage being caused because of the surgery.

Before the surgery takes place, there are a few things that need to take place. The hospital that she is currently at doesn't have a recovery program in place for a surgery such as this. Because of that, she needs to be transferred to another hospital that does. Thankfully there is one near by however, there may be a delay in her admission causing her to have to spend a few days at home. This isn't ideal as we simply don't know how to care for her ourselves given all the problems she has plus having very high blood pressure. There are just so many things that need to be figured out but we know the Lord is ultimately in control.

If you feel lead, please be in prayer for my mom and that the Lord would give us peace and wisdom in the days ahead when making these very important decisions. Please pray that the financial situation can be figured out and that my dad won't be stressed as well as comfort for my mom.

Thank you friends.

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! My thoughts & prayers will absolutely be with your family during this trying time. Try to find peace and comfort being with your mom and dad right now. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO sorry to hear this :(
    Your whole family is in my thoughts and prayers, especially your mom. I hope the surgery is a success and all the bills can somehow be resolved. Keep us posted :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! I am certainly praying for your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about your mom having to have surgery like that! praying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Veronnica. I will definitely be praying. Praying for peace for you all, for God to work out the financials, and for the surgery to be successful and for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am so sorry to hear about that, Veronnica! I will totally be praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you all are facing this. Praying for you and your parents now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear everything you guys are going through. I will certainly be praying for your mom and entire family!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin