Why is it that we sometimes believe what the world tells us? I let what others think or say about me affect me in a major way. I tear myself up all the time with why doesn't that person like me? Or even, does that person even like me? I realize that not everyone in the world is going to like me, I realize that. But wouldn't it be nice if they did?
I know the Lord likes me. He loves me in fact. He accepts me for all my faults. Every last one of them. So why can't I just rest in the knowledge of that? Why do I hold onto one single persons opinion of me? It hurts to know someone dislikes me. It hurts to know they believe the worst of me. I'm not that person. I'm just not.
Tonight I was watching one of my favorite girls on YouTube and she never fails to touch my heart in some way. I've never met her nor have I ever spoken with her or have ever been in contact with her in anyway. But there's just something about her. She has such a warm and kind spirit about her that just touches me. The video I was watching this evening was a simple video on the "Power of Make-Up" and at the end she said something that just touched me so much. It brought me to tears. It's not what's on the outside that's beautiful but what's on the inside. You can be the most beautiful looking person in the world but if your heart is dark, that beauty isn't seen. And although I'm not talking about outside beauty, I want to strive to be beautiful on the inside.
I thought I'd share the video with you. You can skip forward to around 2:30 in the video to where she starts talking at the end. The written quote afterwards is so special as well.
I am beautiful. Even though I think the worst of myself and actually believe it at times, I am beautiful in the Lords eyes and to those who love me.
Thank you Kandee for being just who you are. You'll never know what a blessing you've been in my life. You just never will.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















Very inspiring - I'm not sure I could wear as much makeup as she does but she's right...what counts is on the inside!
ReplyDeleteHowdy!
ReplyDeleteWhat is on the inside is so much more important than what is on the outside!!
I am so happy to have found your blog. I am stopping in from the Ultimate Blog Party and this is my very first year participating and this is SO VERY exciting!! LOL
Anyhow...please stop by my blogs and follow whenever you get the opportunity:
So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html
And...Jessica Lil Corner is where I am blogging about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html
I welcome your visit at either or both of my blogs and hope to have you stop by and follow really soon!!
Have a very blessed day!! :0)
That is so very true, Veronnica! I think as women, we grow up trying so hard to fit in and we want everyone to like us and it's hard to shake those feelings once we reach adulthood and realize that none of that matters and that some people just aren't going to like us. I realized just how much worth I felt from how I looked and it has taken me a long time to find worth in myself after having kids and gaining 40 pounds. I didn't feel beautiful anymore and so I honestly thought no one would even care to be my friend. It's those lies that we have to recognize and remember that God made us the way He did for a purpose and we are his perfect creation! Just know that you are not alone.....I struggle with this too!
ReplyDeleteI am doing some light night last minute UBP11 partying. Going through the Christian blogs tonight. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for the encouraging words. It is not always easy being a woman in today's culture but we must remember our value and beauty comes from the Lord.
Enjoy your weekend!
Blessings,
Long Wait For Isabella
Hi Veronnica! I just wanted to tell you to take a peek at my blog...it looks like you won a little something! ^_^
ReplyDelete