-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I mentioned in my previous post, my family and I got together at our house for a little belated St. Patrick's Day shindig. The reason behind the belated celebration was because my hubby was out of town on business and little man was sick. I wasn't sure if I was even going to do anything after the hubby got home but after thinking about it, I remembered how I really wanted to make this a fun day for our family and something that Evan can look forward to each year. So a party it was!

I was able to locate my St. Patrick's Day box out in the garage and got everything set up. I was glad that I decided to save a lot of the things from last year and I didn't need to purchase much at all! Yay! The above picture is of the table with just the items I had made before anyone arrived.
I've been really liking my new cake pedestals I purchased last year at TJ Maxx. Do you know what fabulous deals they have there?! I love their home section! Anywho, I made some shamrock shaped sugar cookies and colored them green. I just love these cookies. They aren't too sweet but just right! Don't you just love the pedestals?

I also decided to make the chocolate covered pretzel rods again. They always seem to be a hit with everyone. There were made with chopped up Andie's candies. I wish I would have had one, they looked so yummy to me!

These rods just had plain green jimmies and the colored ones are rainbow colored and stand for the rainbow! Since you can't find many St. Patrick's Day items in stores after St. Patty's Day, I had to get creative! haha!

The main course was chili and cornbread and I colored the cornbread muffins green! I was glad to have had these left over shamrock cupcake liners too!

My sister made an all green garden salad that I'm pretty sure was tasty! I say "pretty sure" because I didn't get to have any! Sorry sis!

She also made this yummy green lime drink that was so pretty!

My SIL made an all green fruit salad that had this yummy sauce. It was really good!

My MIL made this jello cream cheese nut dish that I just really really like. Whenever she makes it I get so excited!

And here is the table after everything was set up! Don't you just love all the green?!

My MIL also made a plain green jello which was a beautiful shade of green. My hubby loves jello so I requested it just for him!

Before my sister left for the night, we took a group picture in front of the table. My MIL brought that cute hat Evan's wearing. It had glitter all over it and it got all in his hair and on his scalp. It was cute!

(from left to right: Mark, Kathleen, Marsha, Lisa, Evan, me and hubby, Ben)
So I'm just so glad we went ahead and did our belated St. Patrick's Day party. I have such fun memories from years past and I just love the new ones we're making each new year!
Special thanks to Lisa, Kathleen and Marsha for helping with the food. Everything looked so pretty and it was ALL good!





















Oh my goodness! You are too fun! Looks like you had a great time with lots of yummy treats. How fun, and what a festive group.
ReplyDeleteI have had the darnedest time getting much reading time. I feel like I'm missing so much fun!
Hope you guys are well!
Hugs,
Holly
http://hallelujahsbyholly.blogspot.com
Super pretty!!! I hope to do something similar for my kids. I may not go all out, but definitely doing some special things to make memories for them! :)
ReplyDeletethanks for the comment on my blog!! I love your st. patricks day banners!
ReplyDeleteOh. My word. You are one of the most creative people I have ever seen! I mean come on, the green food, the green decorations, the green you guys are wearing...I am thinking you truly have a passion for parties (and you can pull them off VERY well!).
ReplyDeleteEverything is adorable (as usual) and the food looks de-lish! ^_^
How fun!!! Love it all!
ReplyDeleteI love this! Stopping by from the UBP11. I love making a big celebration out of "minor" holidays. :-)
ReplyDelete