Thursday, June 30, 2011

what have i been up to this week?

THIS....



image source here

I'm beginning to think that 2011 is the year of the sickies for me. Seriously. I've never been sick so often in my entire life. When I started getting back to back sicknesses earlier this year along with Evan, I decided to take a break from parks and other areas where children play so that we could re-coop and get a break from the sniffles. Well I may have taken it a bit to the extreme as we hadn't really gone anywhere to play for a couple months! So last week Evan and I went out and played. We had a great time! Evan ran through fountains, mommy took tons of pictures! It was great!

evanwaterwm

I even met a nice gal who invited us to visit her church that's just down the street from us! I'm real excited! It was formed only about three or so years ago and right now it only has about 150 or so members! Just what we're looking for! I've always enjoyed the smaller churches I've attended as they've seemed very family oriented to me. Not that larger churches don't have a family atmosphere but smaller churches just have always been my preference.

Anywho, after our fun filled park playing days we went to a water day on Saturday at the preschool that Evan starts this coming Tuesday. It was really really fun! My dad came with the three of us and we all got wet! I think the adults had more fun than the kiddos! haha! My dad went crazy and got drenched along with Heather! It was just what my dad needed considering all the stress he's been under recently with my mom and stuff. Sunday was a low key day, kinda boring actually. I had planned to do all the laundry that night so that I'd be caught up for the week well, that wasn't what happened. Suddenly out of nowhere Sunday evening, I got all achy all over. I felt horrible. I went right to bed but didn't sleep well at all. I just couldn't get comfortable and I just hurt everywhere. I woke up at around 5:30 or 6:00 and felt so nauseated. I literally could have jumped right up and ran to the bathroom and thrown up. But I fought it. I hate throwing up. With a passion. It's almost like a phobia for me. I thought about telling Ben and asking him to stay home to help with Evan but I just couldn't do that to him. He had to work. So I just picked Evan out of bed and brought him straight into mine where I "slept" for another hour or so. Every time I stood up I felt sick to my stomach. I hurried through breakfast (I ate nothing) and laid on the couch. My dad came over and picked Evan up and took him for a few hours to play and have lunch. It was such a relief to just lay down and not worry about him. The only worry I had was getting up to open and close the front door when my dad came. I just couldn't get up. So anyway, the rest of the day was basically the same and I was in bed by 6:30 that night.

The next day was much better but I still rested. My dad and sister came over to help with Evan after Ben had to leave and go to work at 10:30. I was so surprised when I stepped on the scale and had dropped 6lbs! I hadn't eaten much of anything in two days but 6lbs! Wow! My appetite is back so I'll be seeing those pounds again real soon! haha!

Yesterday I was basically back to 100% so I cleaned and cleaned! I finally got out of the house for a couple hours too and it felt awesome! But then Evan came down with a cold and today we're just hanging at the house again. Oh well! It's those parks I tell you! They're just all covered in germs! haha!

I was really hoping that we'd spend our last week of just the two of us doing fun things but it just wasn't meant to be I guess. Evan starts preschool on Tuesday as well as me with work! I just know Evan's going to love it! I'm looking forward to it too! Evan's just so social and he'll fit right in and make tons of new friends!

Tomorrow is my moms surgery. We're not sure of the time just yet but we're sure it's tomorrow. The hospital should be giving my dad a call sometime today to let him know what time. We're hoping they'll be able to remove the tumor on her brain through her sinus (or was it nasal?) passages so we're praying for that. If you could pray tomorrow for a safe procedure I'd be so appreciative. My MIL is taking Evan overnight tonight so that Ben and I are able to be at the hospital with family during the surgery. He'll love being over her house and I'm just so blessed to have both sides of the family close by to lend a helping hand when needed. It's just so awesome.

Then this weekend is 4th of July weekend! I'm hoping to be able to celebrate in someway. If all is well with my mom, we should be able to. If not, we'll just have to skip it this year which is completely understandable. I've had my eye on a couple crafty projects I'd like to try today just in case so stay tuned for pics!

Well, I hope everyone had a nice week! We had some crazy weather this week with rain and such and then this weekend it's supposed to be all up near 100! It's so weird!

Have a safe and fun 4th of July everyone! 

4 comments:

  1. That stinks to be sick!! :( Hope Evan feels better soon too. I am praying for your Mom. Keep us posted on how it goes. I agree though about parks and stuff.....every time we go somewhere like that, one of the girls seems to get sick :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been sick so much this year too. And I don't ever get sick! I'm blaming our lousy weather. And yes, those dang parks {and the grocery store!!}.

    Hope you feel better soon. I didn't know you were starting back to work. Can't wait to hear about that.

    *I like small churches too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I love that last photo. Hope you all feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to tell you that I do have a phobia of vomit! But mostly just when other people do it. Hope you're feeling better and had a great holiday weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin