Tuesday, July 5, 2011

first day of preschool!

First off, I just want to wish everyone a belated 4th of July! I didn't touch my computer all weekend long so I wasn't able to do anything 4th of July related on my blog at all. I hope you all had a wonderful time with family and/or friends or doing whatever you love doing!

We spent the afternoon and evening at my MIL's house eating and just visiting. It was a nice relaxing day! I made a couple fun treats that I didn't get a single picture of! I have some left over ingredients so I may remake them just to show you what I made! So hopefully I'll be able to get to that this week!

Today was Evan's first day of preschool! It was water day so he spent time outside with the other kiddos getting all wet and acting crazy! They also had a guy come in and lead them all in group exercise with stretching and jumping jacks. It was really cute watching Evan watch everyone else and them attempt to copy them! He's just so darned cute!

Before we left the house I made sure to get a picture of him! I've loved looking at pictures of other kiddos on their first day of school so I knew I really wanted a picture of it!

DSC_0653 (Large)
My first day of work went well too! Currently I'm working on the school's website and I'm excited about it! Once everything is put together I'll be sure to post the link so you all can check it out! It's looking pretty cute! 
We left around noon and headed over to the hospital to visit my mom but before doing so I picked up my dad and we grabbed some lunch. After lunch Evan was obviously cranky (that's a complete understatement) so we headed home for nap time. He's been having this horrible cough for almost a week now so it's just exhausting for him. So I wasn't able to see my mom yet today but I'm heading over there this evening to spend some time by her bedside.
Her surgery was on Friday morning, as I shared on my last post, and things went well. She did however have another small stroke on her right side leaving her left side weakened. They ended up having to go in through the top of her head through her skull because it just wasn't safe going through her sinuses. It was a good thing too because her brain started swelling after the tumor was removed. I never knew this before but tumors can release toxins when they're being removed and that's what hers did. The toxins caused the swelling and the small stroke. Every time I've visited she hasn't opened her eyes at all but we know she's awake because when we talk to her she responds with hand gestures and things like that. Her poor eyes are so swollen and black and blue. On Sunday morning I walked in her room and I just about freaked. They had removed the bandage and because of mucus buildup in her lungs they had the bed vibrating to keep it all loose. When I walked in I thought she was having a seizure and with the bandage gone it was just so shocking to see. It was horrible. On Monday they had to put her on the respirator because she was having a hard time breathing. My dad said it seemed to relax her and her breathing was more controlled. I didn't visit her yesterday because the nurses said she didn't need a lot of stimulation so my dad and I decided it would be better to give her a day off from visitors. It seemed to have helped. 

She has a very long road ahead but the doctors are hopeful for a full recovery. I just want my mom back. I miss her so much. We used to be so close but over the past several years as she's gotten sicker (we didn't know it at the time) she just turned into a completely different person. I pray that she'll be back to her old fun self after all this. She's just such a beautiful person and she's desperately missed by all of us.

So anyway, that's about it from over here. I feel like all my posts lately are all updates. I really want to get back to my old blogging style very soon. It just seems like the computer is the last thing on my mind lately and I apologize that I haven't visited any of your blogs lately. I miss reading about you and I really want to get caught up with what you're all up to this summer!

3 comments:

  1. He is sooo cute. I am excited about Dustyn starting. Glad your moms surgery went well still praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update on your Mom. I will keep her and all of you in my prayers. I know how hard it is to see your mom in that shape and to just want her back. I'm so glad your first day of work went well and that Evan had fun at school too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, give yourself a break! We like your updates and you don't need to worry about blogging :) Praying for your mom!

    P.s. Evan is such a little sweetie! What a big day!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin