Monday, October 24, 2011

i'll see you again...

Mom,

It's been 4 days since you left this earth and went to be with the Lord. It seems so unreal and that I'll be chatting with you soon. Yesterday I found a letter that you had written Evan and it was so cute. You had drawn a stick figure of the two of you holding hands on the back and it made me smile. You always did cute things like that.

Dad, Lisa and I went down to the cemetery yesterday and picked out your plot. You'll be near grandma and grandpa just up the hill from them in this beautiful garden with a stone walkway. There's a giant oak tree surrounding it and it's just so peaceful. Dad will be placed there with you someday and he said you'd love it.

Evan asked where 'mama' was yesterday and I told him you were in heaven. I think he still thinks you're in the hospital. That's okay, we'll let him think that for now. When we were writing out your headstone, we included him in it. It reads:


Lauri Gay Inman
August 14, 1954 - October 20, 2011
Loving Wife, Mother and
Grandmother - "Mama"

I just love that he called you that. Dad is "Papa" and you're "Mama". I'm sure you loved it too.

Remember when you and dad got a new driveway and had those pretty stones stamped into it and the first thing I thought to ask was, "Has grandpa seen it yet?". Well we both knew grandpa was gone, but wasn't it so funny how I immediately thought about telling him about it and that he'd get such a kick out of looking at it? Well, I'm sure I'll have many instances of that with you. Just going places that we'd been to together brings back so many thoughts of, "Mom would really like that!" or "I should give her a call and tell her about that." While it's fun to think that, it hurts my heart knowing I'll never be able to do that again. This is just so hard.

I love you mom. I always will. I'm so sorry you won't be able to watch Evan grow up or that you won't be able to meet your grandbaby next year. But I know I'll see you again and I know that you're having a wonderful time reuniting with grandma and grandpa and getting to ask Jesus all the things you've always wanted to know. Like, "Why was Lisa always so messy?" and "Why did Veronnica worry so much?". Just kidding! But those would be good questions to ask!

We'll celebrate your life this Thursday or Friday and I look forward to looking at old pictures of you and our family and chatting away with others about how wonderful a person you were. 
I love you mom and I'm going to miss you for the rest of my life.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute...so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. This was beautifully written. I have been thinking about you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry, Veronnica. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I so wish you were not having to go through this. Sending my love and hugs to you.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry for your loss. praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Veronnica! I'm so, so sorry for you loss. I can't even imagine. *hugs*

    This was a beautiful post. I'm sure your Mom loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sorry about loosing your mom. what a hope we have in our Savior that we will see our loved ones again one day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are in my thoughts and prayers, friend. Take care of yourself during this time. Your mom sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I somehow missed this. I am so, so sorry for your loss. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been awhile since I've been to your blog so I am catching up. I am sorry about the loss of your mom. It's been almost 10 years since I lost my mom so I know how hard it can be. Please know you are in prayers. Your mom and I share the same birthday BTW!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin