Tuesday, August 30, 2011

i just don't care

That's basically where I've been lately.

I don't care about blogging, I don't care to read blogs, I don't care to craft, I don't care to bake.

I just don't care.

And the funny this is....I don't care that I don't care.

I mean at times, I do. Especially when it comes to making things and being creative. Fall is fast approaching and every year since getting married, I've always decorated. Last year I got all my fall stuff out early and had everything out by the first week of September. It felt good to get it done and out of the way but it was also nice to have it up longer before all the Christmas stuff comes out. But this year....I just don't care. I mean, of course I'll decorate but I'm not looking forward to it. That makes me sad and care.

Life has been ultra to the max crazy lately and I'm sure all of that has something to do with it but I'd really like to get back to my old self...and soon.

My mom is still in the hospital and hasn't woken up since her surgery July 1st. She's opened her eyes some but she isn't tracking anything. She'll be moved to a nursing/rehab home sometime soon but we're just not sure when yet. That in itself is very stressful and we're all just not sure where to go from here. We know mom wouldn't want to live this way, as a vegetable, but it's so hard to make decisions that involve living or dying.

This Thursday I'll be 12 weeks along in my pregnancy and I have my very first OB appointment tomorrow afternoon. I've been suffering from some major anxiety for the past few weeks and it's been exhausting. My medication that I've been taking for many years simply stopped doing it's job and it became the source of my new anxiety. I was prescribed a new medication but I'm just too scared to take it right now. I want to make sure it's completely safe for the baby and I'm just not sure it is.

My new job at the preschool is going well and so far I'm enjoying it. The only thing that's making it difficult is my anxiety. Some days are just so hard to drag myself out of bed. Getting in the shower is a chore and actually showing up is even harder. I hate being this way. I feel like a mental patient and like a crazy person. Like I can't deal with life. It's awful.

I heard recently on The Nate Berkus Show that the state of a persons home shows where they are emotionally. Well anyone who knows me could walk into my house and immediately know something just isn't right. My floors go days without vacuuming, sweeping, moping. My kitchen has dishes piled in the sink and anything and everything clutters the counter tops. If I'm lucky and have actually done a load of laundry, it sits in the dryer or laundry basket for days before even a thought comes up to actually fold them and put them away.

I just don't care.

Only the really important things get attention, like Ben, Evan, bills, food. But that's just not enough. I need everything to work properly again and I'm just waiting for that day to arrive. I was proud of myself last night when I finally unloaded the dishwasher and then loaded it back up. Then I vacuumed the house, swept and mopped the kitchen floor and actually thought of folding that pesky laundry calling my name. Unfortunately it didn't win but I'm hopeful I'll get it done this evening.

I apologize that this is such a downer of a post but this is just where I am right now. I guess you could say I just don't care. So there. (na na na na na nahhhhh!) Okay, that did feel a little better.


8 comments:

  1. Oh, I can so relate! You, I am sure, are doing a good job of taking care of the people and things that matter most.
    Relax - bask and focus on God's promises - pour out your heart - all of your cares and allow Him to take care of them.
    Rest in the knowledge that NONE of this surprises God.
    I hope that helps just a bit! I also hope that you have friends and family to surround you with love ;0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Veronnica, I just wanted to say that this is all completely normal. You are going through something that will probably be looked back on as one of the hardest times in your life and I promise you, your chores will still be there when you get ready to do them. ;) Not to mention, pregnancy hormones and fatigue to add to it all. I am so sorry about your Mom. That is such a life-changing thing; I remember it full-well. It is so hard, the waiting. And I completely understand how exhausting it can be to have anxiety too. It sounds like you're going through a period of grieving too and it's okay to allow yourself as much time as you need to process those feelings. I like what Brooke said....the Lord knows what you're going through and He will be there every step of the way to help you through. And I'm always here to listen if you just need someone to talk to! Love ya! And praying too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a lot on your plate so don't worry if some of the house "falls apart" a little. It'll always be there to pick up later. ((Hug))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you! I really, really, REALLLLLY do. I've had so much going on with Liam, doctor appointment after doctor appointment, surgery after surgery, I've gotten that way too. Aaron had to take his vacation post surgery to help me out with Liam since he's now in a body cast, and 20 pounds heavier. So, no fun vacation time for us. Trust me, I feel you. I'll say it a million times if it makes you feel better. I am stressed, overwhelmed and very emotional these days. If you ever want to chat, let me know. But, I'm guessing you don't care much for that at this point either. LOL! I hope everything goes better for you. I'm pretty confident your unicorns and rainbows are right around the corner. Hang in there, and if possible, do something nice for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry. Praying for your mom, for you and your whole family. You have a lot going on right now. Hoping your appointment goes/went well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been through my google reader in a while... so sorry you are going through all of this. I will be praying for you and for your family as you make big decisions about your mom and your medicine. I understand the don't care feeling and its ok... this is a season and with God's help and friend's love you will pull through. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw. This hurts my heart. I am praying for your family and your mom. I can only imagine how tough this is. Just remember there ARE better days ahead!! We will be here when you are ready to come back and write about the newest bambino :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you sound so much like me last year at this time. please know that i'm praying for you. and i "get" the not caring...just don't let it drag you to dark places that are no fun and where the enemy wants you to be.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin