I spent the afternoon making his cake and had a fun time doing it! I made a two layer cake with one layer being yellow cake and the other dark chocolate. I made my normal butter cream frosting and then decided to decorate it with some fondant cutouts. I purchased some itty bitty letter cookie cutters at Michaels along with some colored fondant and cut out 'Happy 34th Birthday Ben'. I used my larger number cookie cutters for the '34' and at first I wasn't too happy with my final result. When Ben had a look he said he loved it and it reminded him of those letter magnets on the fridge. Then after looking at it a bit I decided I did like it but some of those letters were just so hard to get out of the cutters! I'll have to practice them a bit!

We met at my MIL's as I mentioned before at around 5:30-6:00 and had dinner at Macaroni Grill. Afterwards we headed back to the house and had cake and Ben opened his presents.

The birthday boy got the chance to light his own candles and Evan had a fun time taking a look!

Everyone seemed to enjoy the cake and Ben had a great time! We played some games on the Wii and finally headed home around midnight or so.

Happy 34th Birthday hunny! I'm so glad we got to spend your birthday evening together! I had a lot of fun and I pray you have a wonderful year ahead! I love you!





















I absolutely love how Evan is looking at Ben....you can tell he sure loves his Daddy! I love the way the cake turned out....the fondant makes it look so bright and happy! Hope he has a great year! I'm about to head near the end of my 34th year. :( LOL!
ReplyDeleteWell happy birthday to your hubs! The cake looks awesome...and since I'm currently on a low carb diet, I think I may have fixated on it more than is considered normal.
ReplyDeleteI am late but happy birthday to him. I was just wondering how you are doing and how your mom is doing. Hope all is well that birthday cake looks yummy.
ReplyDelete