
Among all the sadness and tears one thing has been a shiny light. About two weeks ago Ben and I found out some wonderful news. While cleaning my bathroom one night, I decided to take a pregnancy test. I was about 4 days away from my monthly so I figured that maybe something might show up. We had been trying but not too closely as life has obviously been crazy lately so I was fully expecting a negative result. I took the test and then went on with my cleaning, not paying too much attention. A couple minutes passed and I glanced at the test and low and behold this is what I saw:

I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. Yes it was a definite possibility but did I actually think it would be positive? NO! I immediately went out to the family room and showed Ben. He saw it too and was shocked. I decided to use the last digital test I had left over from last year when I got suspicious. I wanted a more firm of an answer. I mean how much more definite can you get with 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant'? Here's what it had to say:

Yep. I was pregnant! Yipee!! It honestly just didn't feel real. I kept repeating it aloud, "It doesn't seem real. It doesn't seem real!" But it was. What a wonderful thing to happen in ours lives at this point and time. The very next day I went out and bought Evan this shirt and that's how we told family. It was really fun! We haven't been going around intentionally telling everyone just yet but if it comes up somehow, we don't hold back. Well I should say, I don't hold back! I just can't keep this a secret! No way!
So I apologize if you know me IRL and you're just now finding out about this! I've been spending so much time at the hospital lately and at home trying to catch up on chores that I really haven't seen too many people. Basically if you haven't seen me, you probably don't know!
According to Baby Center I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow! Still very very early but I'm hopeful for a healthy and exciting pregnancy! So far I really don't have any symptoms. If I hadn't already taken a test, the only thing that would get me suspicious would be my missing cycle. I didn't have any morning sickness at all with Evan and so far I don't with this pregnancy. I have however been having some back/side pain. I visited the doctor on Monday and according to him I have a pulled muscle so I've just been taking Tylenol (which is safe during pregnancy) and rubbing on some IcyHot whenever needed.
I also found out that I now have eczema. Remember this post when I was talking about breaking out in a rash on my neck from self tanner? Well I haven't used it since then and I still have this bright red icky looking rash on my neck and at the base of my scalp. I've tried figuring out what the heck I'm allergic to but nothing I change makes it go away. So I had the doctor look at it on Monday as well and I guess I'm just stuck with this. He recommended Cortizone cream and I've started applying it and it's been helping with the itching and redness. It's just so annoying, not to mention ugly!
So anyway, I just wanted to share our wonderful news with all of you! I was waiting to hear back from my OB with a positive blood test which I got on Monday so I'm just now able to sit down and post! Thank you all for your wonderful encouraging comments to my last post. I apologize I haven't been able to respond just yet. I hoping to get to them tomorrow or this weekend. I just haven't opened my laptop in many many days so I sincerely apologize but wanted to thank you so so much for all your wonderful words! I'll be working on an update post about my mom real soon. She's doing well now but still hasn't woken up. Please pray she does soon. We miss her so much!





















Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That is so exciting!
ReplyDeleteWonderful news! Enjoy the ride!
ReplyDeleteThat's so wonderful. Congrats!
ReplyDeletecongrats! i have excema on my foot is super super ugly. but i try to ignore it as much as i can.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, how EXCITING! Eep! Congratulations!!! ^_^
ReplyDeleteyay! congrats :0)
ReplyDeleteOh yay!!!! How exciting. Congratulations!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI am just so happy and excited about this!! I can't wait to see if it will be another little boy or a little girl this time :) It's so neat to be pregnant again and then get to share that with friends too! Praying for your little one!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What wonderful news!!! :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! Congrats to you, your hubby and big brother!! How exciting!
ReplyDeleteTHat is great news! Very happy for you!
ReplyDelete