Wednesday, May 25, 2011

congratulations beth!

beth3 (Large)

beth4 (Large)

As I mentioned on my previous post, I took a road trip down to Grover Beach, near San Luis Obispo, on Friday to visit my BFF Beth on her graduation day from nursing school. I left home a little before 10am and finally made it to her door step at around 1:15. Like a doof, I drove to her house instead of the college for the ceremony! I had to back track about 20 miles (yes, I actually passed it on the way to her house!) and finally got there late. Luckily, I didn't miss anything important so that was nice.

Here is a picture of the two of us just after the ceremony ended:

meandbeth (Large)
(photo courtesy of Nate Watts)

I'm not sure why my nose looks so dark! I did use some self tanner, maybe I went a little crazy around there? haha!

Side note about self tanner: I've been using it for years and suddenly my body is allergic or something. I broke out in welts all over my chest and neck. It looks horrible! I've tried covering it with make up but it only lasts for like a few hours and then it's all exposed again. Ugh. I'd really like to know why suddenly you can become allergic to something you've been using for forever! Anyway............

After the ceremony, we headed on over to Beth's place for a potluck dinner! I got to meet a lot of people that I've had the pleasure of hearing about over the past couple years. I got to meet her in-laws and got to catch up with her folks and friends that I haven't seen in almost 5 years! It was a lot of fun!

Beth and her friend Lindsay made these fun nurse cake pops that I just loved! They were so stinkin adorable and they did a fantastic job!

beth2 (Large)

One thing that I found hilarious was this poster board that Beth's dad made. Apparently when Beth was a young teenager, he snapped a funny picture of her making a silly face. He attached it to a picture of milk carton stating that she was missing. Well, he took that image and added a couple new things to incorporate her graduate status. It's stinkin' hilarious!

beth7 (Large)

Sorry Beth, I just couldn't resist! Your daddy is a funny guy!

As you know, nurses wear scrubs. Honestly, I've always wanted to wear scrubs. However, I've never had a job that required me to wear them so I've never owned any. Bummer. Anyway, for nursing school, Beth and her class wore plain white ones and in honor of her graduation, she came up with the funnest idea. She took one of her white scrub tops and laid it out on a table. She attached a letter to it asking everyone in attendance at her party to sign it. I thought that was a cool idea!

Here's a picture of it before most people signed it, myself included.

beth5 (Large)

Fun idea, huh? What a great way to remember nursing school and graduating!

In addition to the cake pops, they had a yummy chocolate cake that was decorated real cute!

beth6 (Large)

Before I left on Friday, I was trying to think what I could get her as a gift. I decided that I'd go ahead and make her a necklace and matching bracelet. I chose purple and some pretty pearl accents along with a pretty purple pansy pendant. I wrapped them up in a cute little gift bag and made sure to have her open it before I had to hit the road.

Here she is reading her card and opening her gifts!

beth's a nurse!collage2 (Large)

See that last picture? That's her saying, "You made this didn't you!". So cute!

Here we are together showing off the necklace!

beth14 (Large)

And her bracelet!

beth15 (Large)

Oh and did you notice our matching necklaces? Well, the one she's wearing was given to her by another friend that made it and I just loved it so much that I decided to make something like it of my own! So the one I'm wearing is my version! Hers has a bird and mine has a butterfly. Everyone kept telling us we had matching necklaces! haha! And if you remember, I wore it to the wedding last weekend too!

So congratulations Bethany! I am so very proud of you and I wish we lived closer so that you could be my nurse! You are going to make a fabulous nurse, just as your patients have already told you. The Lord has blessed my life with your beautiful friendship and I thank Him for allowing it to grow to where it is today! I love you....in, you know, that weird kinda way! haha!

6 comments:

  1. V!!!! You made me all teary eyed! Your pictures (as always) are super amazing, and you summed up the day really well! I feel so special that not only did you dedicate a WHOLE BLOG ENTRY to lil' ol' me (since you know, everything is always all about me anyway), but you drove so far for a day trip to hang out with a bunch of crazy people celebrating my accomplishments and my re-entry into a social life :) You are an incredible friend through thick & thin! Thank you, and I love you in that super weird way too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I love the very first picture with our "Dream" sand dollar picture & the grad balloons! You're so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun day! Congrats to your friend!! Love the necklace and bracelet that you made her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome. Congrats to Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderfully memorable day! You guys look like the bestest friends ;) And what a gorgeous necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those cake pops are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin