Friday, May 27, 2011

i'm 3!

So I'm finally sitting down to write Evan's birthday post! I took so many pictures that it seemed like a mountain to climb to get them all ready for this post but I've finally gotten there!

Tuesday was the big day and it started off with a special breakfast for little man! I was trying to think of something fun to prepare for him that he'd be excited for when I remembered this post. I'd always admired these pancakes and Amanda's handy kitchen skills so I decided to try out her recipe! Boy did they turn out fun!

rainbowpancakes4 (Large)

rainbowpancakes2 (Large)

rainbowpancakes5 (Large)
 
evan2 (Large)
 
Mama's got to have some too!
 
rainbowpancakes6 (Large)
 
After breakfast Evan opened the presents that mommy and daddy got him! We got him a fun basketball hoop for the backyard along with a giant bubble wand and a little gun that shoots these fun helicopter like things!

birthdaycollage1 (Large)

We're also hoping to get him a fun play structure for the backyard before his birthday party next Saturday. We'll see about that since of our recent car situation. Darn cars....

After presents my dad and I took him out to Toys R Us to play around and pick out something fun! We chose a fun little play lawn mower that blows bubbles when you push it. Evan seems to really like it! And I just realized that I don't have a picture of it! Oh well!

After Toys R Us we walked across the parking lot to Chili's and had lunch. It was pretty cool because that day just happened to be 'Kids Eat Free' day. Score! (I just said score...I never say score...anyway...). After lunch we headed back home where Evan napped while I baked his large cupcake cake! I decided to carry on with the rainbow theme and made his cake rainbow too! It was so fun!

I decided to use up some of my left over party decorations from previous shindigs. I hung up some streamers and some curling ribbon in the kitchen just above the kitchen table. It turned out really bright and fun and I didn't get a picture of that either! Boo! But later that evening, all the family got together for dinner at Chuck E Cheese and then headed back to our house for cake and ice cream!

Make a wish buddy!

birthdaycollage2 (Large)

Here he is standing next to his cake! He's just so handsome!

cake4 (Large)

I just love using my giant cupcake mold! I'm so glad it turned out this year! Yay!

cake5 (Large)

cake6 (Large)

After dessert Evan opened the last of his presents and we all just had a nice time visiting and having fun!

Eye see you!

evan4 (Large)

Group shot! Please excuse the lighting. My flash was pointing backwards right into a mirror so it bounced off really weird!

group (Large)
Left to right, top to bottom: Ben, Me, Mark, Kathleen, Marsha, my dad, Evan, my mom and my uncle Dan.

So all in all it was a fun day! It was so nice to get together with family to celebrate Evan's 3rd year of life!

Dear Evan,

Happy Birthday my beautiful and energetic son! I love you so very much and the Lord blessed my life abundantly the day you came into it. You bring such joy and happiness into my life and I look forward to walking into your room every morning to see your always smiling face. I pray the Lord blesses your 4th year and that you grow into a wonderful young man living to love and honor Him.

All my love forever,
Your mama

I'm 3!

I'm 3! (Large)

6 comments:

  1. Yay - happy birthday! Those pancakes and that cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Great photos. I can't wait to see his party photos. I a sure it will be awesome. I lobeat cupcake mold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so adorable! I am loving that rainbow giant cupcake! I got one of those molds, but I haven't tried it out yet. Maybe I can make one for Kaylee's actual birthday day. :) Love those pancakes....makes me want some! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want some rainbow pancakes! He's adorable, Veronnica! Happy Birthday, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are so fun :) Love the rainbow pancakes and cupcake!!! Sounds like he had a blast!!! Good job mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great bday! Love the pancakes :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin