I think I have a love/whatever relationship with this blog. I've seriously been back and forth over it many times over the past several months. There was a period of about a month or two when I had decided I was finished with it. I wasn't in the mood to share anything and I was struggling with visiting other blogs. I felt guilty for posting and getting responses from you all and me not returning the favor. I just didn't have the energy to do both.
My life has been turned upside down this past year and it's hard getting back on track. Sure, I have the desire to create, take photos, edit them and then share them but the motivation to do so is severely lacking.
One thing that's keeping me from doing what I enjoy is the fact that I've been accused of very hurtful things. I've been struggling greatly with doing anything in fear of being called a "copycat" or that I've taken someone else's idea(s) and failed to give credit and basically omitted the fact that it was someone elses idea and passed the work on as my own. I hate, absolutely hate that I've been accused of this because it simply is NOT true. I gain inspiration from others, which is basically why craft blogs exist, and I've always, ALWAYS, given credit back. Besides that, I've never been able to defend myself or "clear my name". I was simply disregarded and thrown off to the side next to the garbage. It was like, "Hey, you're doing this and I don't like it so I want nothing to do with you anymore. I won't let you say otherwise and I couldn't care less how much this hurts you so goodbye and have a good life."
WHO does that?
I'll be honest. I'm a very and I mean very, sensitive person. I wear my feelings on my sleeve and they can get easily crushed if I'm not careful. I'm human just like the next person, so for someone to ignore the large plank in their own eye and point out the so-called speck in mine is such a shame. I haven't had closure on this subject and I think that's why it still hurts after over a year.
So, what was once a fun and exciting place for me (my blog and blogland in general) has turned into an anxiety ridden place where I'm afraid to do anything. There have been times when I honestly had a certain idea, mine or not, and waited to post about it and then literally see it on other blogs. Not that that's a problem in and of itself but now I couldn't post about it because I'd be seen as a "copycat" or just stealing an idea. Can I tell you how frustrating that is? Can't people just share ideas or interests? Why does it have to be one person doing something and the other person maliciously "copying" them? Seriously, it's just so stinking petty and ridiculous and I'm mad at myself for letting this eat at me for so long.
When I was first accused, I desperately wanted to know what I had done. I worried and worried about what it was that I had "copied" and not given credit for. But I was never given a reason or situation. Just a plan ole "You're copying me so so long." Since then I've racked my brain and the only things I can think of would be things that each of us shared but that we both came up with on own very own. It's completely possible for two (or three or four) different people to have the same concept or idea and it be their own and not copied from the other. But I guess some people don't think that. If they have an idea, it's got to be theirs and theirs alone. So sad.
So that's partly the reason for my long blog absences. That and losing my mom has been a major blog downer that I can't seem to shake. I miss my blog dearly but I can't get myself to "make up" with it. It is a relationship you know! :)
I'm not looking for "haters" or anything, I just needed to get this stuff off my chest. Holding it in has been so crazy hurtful and at some point it just needed to break free. I just want closure and a chance to defend myself. Chances are, I most likely won't get that opportunity but at least I know and the Lord knows what's true. He knows my heart and He's been there since the very beginning of this whole mess and someday, someday soon hopefully, this will all just be a silly memory and I can move on with a smile knowing I did the right thing. I was never mean or hurtful back and I know the Lord is proud of me for that.
Friday, November 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















I miss seeing posts from you!
ReplyDeleteBe at peace with whatever you decide.
You and I always seem to post on the same days. It's too funny :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear someone gave you grief about being a "copy cat". It seems like this is a particular touchy subject on blogger and it's really just too bad. Websites like Pinterest are designed to inspire creativity and I bet tons of bloggers are gathering ideas from sites such as those. Please don't let it keep you from blogging! I've found if a blog really bothers or annoys me, it's best to shut it out and stop following. The same with Facebook friends. There's enough negativity in life, cut out the crap that you can!
Hope to see you around more :)
I can totally relate. I was accused of some awful things by people I thought I was close to about a year ago. I was devastated by it. . . I obsessed over it for months because I didn't think it was true but I didn't want to be in denial of areas I needed to address in my life. My husband was such an encouragement to me, and I am thankful I was able to put it behind me. That is a small part of the reason I went private. I miss meeting people and having a more public forum, but it's better this way for me for right now. . .
ReplyDeleteI hope you can put it behind you. There are just hurtful people out there who are looking for the worst. You can't do anything about that and you just have to keep living your life being the best you can be. . .
I hope you don't stop blogging! I would miss you! I love the relationships I have built through blogging.
I am so sorry this is still bothering you, Veronnica :( I hope that you will be able to get past it, even if there is no real closure on it. I can't imagine how hard these past few weeks/months have been for you. I pray for healing for you and hope you keep blogging because I love keeping up with you and I certainly do not want to miss all the baby posts that are sure to come!! I guess my advice on that would be to keep blogging, because the blessings and prayers I received while pregnant and through my labor/delivery were so appreciated and made it so much more exciting and fun to be able to share that with everyone! But, blog for yourself and not for others or what they think.....you won't regret recording those memories and thoughts for the kids and for yourself!
ReplyDeleteOh I am so sorry!! I can not believe that even happened. How very rude. I miss seeing your posts, so I hope you continue to post.
ReplyDeleteGive me a break! Someone is accusing you of copying? They are just ridiculous. You are right that several people can have ideas about the same thing. It doesn't mean you are copying. Whoever said you were copying should just grow up and get over it. Personally, I could care less if someone gave me credit for something like a craft I did! That's not what it's about!!
ReplyDeleteWell, looks like we all have your back :) I hear ya on getting comments and not commenting back, I feel guilty about that one, too! Hopefully you can come back stronger than ever, and if not, we like the messy, real, genuine Miss V that you are! Love ya girl!
ReplyDelete