
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful celebration doing whatever it was you did! We had a nice evening at home with some family and good food!
Remember these? Well, that's what we had for dinner and while I didn't actually have any (caused by that pesky nausea...again), it certainly smelled good in the house. I made some yummy treats for everyone to snack on and we had some fruit and veggies along with chips and dip to go with everything. I set everything up on the kitchen table and it was just a nice grazing evening!
It was the first New Year's Eve in many many years that I've spent with my dad and it was nice to have him over. My in-laws were also here and we spent the evening playing games until the clock struck midnight! The first game we played was called Ticket to Ride. It was a really fun game! I was winning for most of it but at the very end....lost. Boo! The second game we played was called Betrayal at House on the Hill. I got Ben this one for Christmas and it was the first time to play it. I have to admit, I didn't find it very interesting but to be fair, it was getting late and I was tired and not feeling well. So we'll have to give it another try another time and see how I like it then. Sorry hunny!
We spent New Year's Day by going out to lunch at Red Lobster and then we went to Michaels to see if they had something on clearance that I wanted to buy. Has anyone ever heard of Making Memories' Slice machine? Well I've had my eye on it for awhile now but since I already own a Cricut I didn't see a reason to purchase one of these as well. Well, last week I was at Michaels and noticed that their entire line of Slice products was on clearance. The Slice machine itself was on clearance for only $39.99 and I was like, "What the?!" I had to double check to make sure that wasn't a typo or placed in the wrong spot because it normally retails between $129 - $149. They also had all the cartridges on clearance for $9.99 so I picked the Parties one and took both the cartridge card and Slice machine box to the register to check prices. To my surprise the machine was indeed on clearance for $39.99! Yee Ow! I was so excited! The only bummer was that they didn't actually have the Parties cartridge I wanted in stock so that's why I went to another Michaels on New Year's Day, to see if they had it.
When I got to the second Michaels I saw the Making Memories display right in front of the front doors and immediately saw the cartridge I wanted and snatched it right up! I then decided to check out the isle where they stock the Slice machine and noticed that they had a pink one in stock, I purchased the greenish/blue one the other day. So I purchased the pink machine and now I have two Slice machines! Talk about crazy! I was actually going to return the first one but then decided to give it as a gift to someone so it was all good!
I'm really excited to use this handy dandy little cutting machine along with my Cricut! I'll have tons more options in terms of fonts and designs so that's exciting! I do however wonder why it was on clearance so I hope it's not being discontinued. Their website doesn't hint at that but we shall see I suppose!
As I mentioned in my last post, I'm really glad that Christmas is over and life is getting back to normal. Evan and I went back to school yesterday and Ben went back to work. It felt good to get back into our normal routine and to celebrate, when we got home, I made those cookies you see above! I didn't have a chance to make anything before Christmas so it was fun to roll out some dough and use some sprinkles and jimmies I had in the cabinet. I just love the colors and the size of the cookies! I love me some big cookies! haha!
So anywho, that's the update on what's been going on around here lately. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow morning for an ultrasound on my gallbladder. My doctor wants to rule out gallstones as the cause of all the nausea I've been having. I'm sure it'll be clear and if it is, my doctor said it's probably most likely a second round of morning sickness...yay me. So we'll see tomorrow!
Hope everyone is having a great week!






















Those look so yummy!!! I totally want to come over and eat some. :) We LOVE Ticket to Ride. We played it every day for like two months after Deb was born. Now we just play occasionally. It's a little harder to play with a toddler who likes to "help". :)
ReplyDeleteYummy! I will be praying for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by, Veronica! I've missed getting back to consistent blogging. Anymore, I find myself getting lost in everything else and losing so much time - sometimes getting a few weeks or so behind and losing interest in catching up. The header is from a site. I wish I had the time (speaking of which) and the talent. Those cookies look SO good!!
ReplyDeleteXOXO,
Andie