*Updated: I apologize for not having the Linky linked up. I'm having difficulties with it this morning. As soon as I get it worked out, I'll post it. Thx!*
So today is the first 'Family & Food Fridays!' and I don't know about you but I'm super excited! I'm really looking forward to sharing all the new recipes I'll make in the future and I'm also looking forward to hearing some of yours!!
For today's post I thought I'd just go on the easy side and share my hubby's famous homemade pizzas! I really wanted to post my very first 'Family & Food Fridays!' with a recipe I hadn't tried before but with time running short with planning my dad's birthday dinner tonight, I simply couldn't make two different meals two nights in a row and keep my sanity! I'm planning to share tonight's dinner in next week's 'Family & Food Fridays!' post and I'm so excited to share it! Actually, I'm excited to prepare it tonight!
So here goes!
Ben's Super Easy Homemade Pizza


All you need for the super duper easy recipe is:
1 package (or more depending on how many you're feeding) Sweet or Sour dough Colombo Sandwich buns
1 jar of your favorite pizza sauce (we just used store brand for this recipe)
1 large package shredded mozzarella cheese
1 package Beef or Turkey Pepperoni slices
Instructions:
Pre-heat oven to 375
Using a foiled line cookie sheet, place sandwich buns open faced on top. Smear pizza sauce on tops of inside of buns followed by cheese. Once cheese is sprinkled on, place a liberal amount of pepperoni on top and then sprinkle more cheese on top.
Place in pre-heated oven for approx. 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Then place oven on broil and broil for 2 minutes or until tops are a nice golden brown but not burnt. (Like a dummy I completely forgot to snap a photo of the finished product...it was eaten up too fast!)
And that's it!!!
I told you it was easy! We actually had this twice this week for dinner and it was so good and so wonderful to only be in the kitchen for less than 20 minutes!
Family Activity:
Tonight our family is planning to get together after dinner and play some games on the Wii. We always find this to be a fun family time and a great way for us to interact with each other and have fun laughing and trying to kick each others behinds! If you don't have a Wii or even a video game console, board games are always a great alternative! I highly suggest 'Catch Phrase'. While this isn't technically a board game, it's fun, fast and get's everyone laughing!
So that was the first 'Family & Food Fridays!' post! Again I look forward to sharing more with you and getting different recipes and family activity ideas from you!
Have a great family AND food day!
You can participate at:






















Yumm! Pizza is one of our favorites!! We make them on english muffins, too! Have fun playing the Wii and at your dad's birthday party!!
ReplyDeleteSuper excited about this meme! Let me know when the Linky is up!
ReplyDeleteIn the mean time, my contribution is here: http://katesrecipebox.wordpress.com/2010/09/24/family-food-fridays-grandmas-marinated-carrot-salad/
Oh that looks heavenly! =)
ReplyDeleteYummy! That looks delicious. I will definitely link up next week. I didn't make anything new this week. :D Can't wait till next friday. I will put it on my to-do list!
ReplyDelete