This opportunity couldn't have come a more convenient time as we just moved Evan over to his toddler bed a few weeks ago! Yes, you heard that right. Evan stayed in a crib until after he was 3.5 years old! He never climbed out so on the advice of friends, we just kept him in there! I'm sure it saved us a ton of sleepless nights and constant trips to his room making sure he stayed in his bed!
Since baby sister is due to arrive in exactly 15 days (yay!) we were already planning to move big brother over to his new big boy room in January regardless if he climbed out of his crib or not. Then he surprised us when just two days before his move, he climb out! I woke up to a little voice saying, "Guys? Hey guys?". The voice sounded awfully close so I got out of bed and opened my bedroom door to find little man standing in the hallway in front of his door looking around wondering where everyone was and why it was so quiet in the house! haha! It was actually really cute and we were just so glad he waited that long!
Then two days later the Sleep Buddy arrived and I was anxious to try it out on Evan's very first night in a big boy bed! Let me share a little bit of info about the Sleep Buddy:
The Sleep Buddy is a complete sleep system that aids parents/caregivers in teaching healthy sleep habits in kids 18 months to 6 years. The Sleep Buddy can be used by children still in a crib and moving to a bed soon, children who are currently transitioning or children who already sleep in a bed but have trouble staying in bed.
The Sleep Buddy is a soft blue light that works on a timer and sits on any bedroom table or flat surface. Children know that they are to stay in bed anytime the blue light is on and are allowed out of bed once the blue light goes off. For example, if you put your child down for bed at 7:30pm and you want them to stay in bed until 7:30am, simply set the timer so that the blue light stays on from 7:30pm to 7:30am. It's that simple!
Included with the Sleep Buddy system is:
- A cute little book telling the story of how the Sleep Buddy works. Simply read the story to your child at bed or nap time to help them better understand how their new Sleep Buddy works.
- A fun rewards chart to help track and reward your child's progress
- A great parent's guide with step-by-step tips on sleep success
We have been really happy with the Sleep Buddy system. Evan has really caught on to the concept and actually gets excited to see the blue light on and especially for it to go off! Every morning when it goes off, he comes to our door and announces, "My Sleep Buddy went off!", it's very cute!
Now, it's not a fool proof system, but it has definitely aided in Evan's transition from crib to toddler bed and I would say that 8-9 times out of 10, he'll stay in his bed until it goes off, or at least he won't bother us until then! He'll just stay in his room and play quietly until it does go off.
Evan really enjoyed the story the Sleep Buddy came with and often asks for us to read it to him at bedtime. The story is very simple and easy for a child his age to understand. It's short and sweet and to the point, very age appropriate in my opinion.
Pros:
I think I've mentioned them above! Evan loves it and so do we!
Cons:
Unlike my husband, I had a hard time figuring out how to program it. I think the timer could have been designed a little more simply, but with a tech savvy hubby, I just leave that part up to him!
You can find out more about the Sleep Buddy and purchase one of your own by visiting their website at www.sleepbuddy.com.
But that's not all! (Do I sound like a infomercial or what? haha!) Mom Select has generously offered to giveaway a second Sleep Buddy system to one of my awesome readers! Would you like to win one of your very own and help aid you and your child to better sleeping habits? Read on on how to win!
Mandatory entry:
Leave a comment letting me know ways in which you've tried keeping your child in bed throughout the night.
Optional entries:
These entries will count after the mandatory entry.
Follow The Adventures of Miss V via Google Friend Connect and leave me a separate comment letting me know you're a new or current follower!
Blog, tweet, or share on Facebook about the giveaway and leave a separate comment for each with the links to each.
Please make sure that I have a way to contact you should you be the winner. You can leave your email address in your entries or please make sure your email address is connected to your blogger account. If I can't reach you either by email or through my winner announcement post, a new winner will be chosen unfortunately.
Contest is open to US resident only and is open until Friday February 24, 2012 at 11:59pm. Winner to be announced sometime over the weekend and chosen via random.org. Winner has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. Prize package will be shipped directly from Mom Select.
I received all contents of the Sleep Buddy system to review. All views and opinions are my own.






















Wow. We've tried a baby gate in the door (he got a chair and climbed over it), a sticker chart, bribes, noise makers, dark curtains....on and on and on!
ReplyDeletegena1982 at yahoo dot com
Thanks for the giveaway!
I follow via GFC!
ReplyDeletegena1982 at yahoo
I tweeted:
ReplyDeletehttps://twitter.com/#!/CptFussybuckets/status/172342703575670786
We tried to bribe him with this favorite things. Chocolate. Donuts. Chocolate donuts. We' also tried psycho-convince him that its the cool thing to stay in your bed.
ReplyDeleteI follow via GFC.
ReplyDeleteludaben at hotmail dot com
Does this have a winner yet?
ReplyDelete