
Last November I started assisting my mother-in-law with her 3rd grade Sunday School class. Since our family was about to expand I really wanted to become more involved at church. What a blessing it has been! It's so wonderful seeing all those beautiful little guys pile into the classroom waiting to hear the mornings lesson. Not only are those little minds filling their brains with all the wonderful stories in God's Word but so am I.
Last Sunday we learned about the Tower of Babel. While I had heard the name before I hadn't really heard the story. I've always known that I needed to spend more quite time with God reading my Bible but I haven't been faithful. It's my fault that I don't know those stories. So last Wednesday I went to the local Christian bookstore in search of a Bible study on any book of the Bible. I left with a commentary on Proverbs in tow. I sat down that evening and read the opening and the first several pages of the first chapter. While I have to re-read many of the sentences several times simply because my little brain doesn't process big words easily, I think I'll learn a lot. I'm looking forward to my time with God learning about His Proverbs. I'm also looking forward to finishing it and moving on to the next one.
I love Sunday School!





















No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!