"Does this shirt make me look fat?" is what my husband is asked quite frequently these days. BB or before baby I would make it to the gym 4 if not 5 times a week. Monday night was my Step 2 class, Tuesday was my interval training class, some Wednesdays I'd attend a cardio sculpt class, Thursday was my usual cardio sculpt class and Saturday mornings was my Step/Sculpt class. I was faithful to go most days. I never grew tired or bored with the classes and actually looked forward to going. It was like my release time and my time to do something for myself. I loved walking out the doors of the gym to the parking lot and feeling the cool breeze whip across my hot and let's admit it, sweaty body. I felt recharged and accomplishment.
Now? AB or after baby? I'm lucky to make it once per week. You'd think that with all the extra time I have with being a stay-at-home mom I'd make it even more than before, but nooooo. By the time 5pm rolls around and B is getting home, all I want to do is stay at home with my boys. I don't want to leave them for 2 hours while I drive to the gym and workout. So to compensate I've tried working out in the mornings before I'm ready for my day. Some days this is achieved but not all. I have a series of THE FIRM DVD's along with my aerobic step and what not but lately I've really wanted to just take a shower and be ready. So I push my work out off until the next day. Then when the next day comes I do it again and so the cycle continues.
On Sunday morning as I got dressed for church I put on a pair of capris that I used to wear to work. What was this?! They were a lot more snug than before. ARH! I was mortified! I haven't grown out of a pair of pants in years and here I was faced with that which can never happen. I decided that day to watch what I eat and return to my regular exercise routine. I've tried my best but I haven't been completely faithful. I did workout on Monday, Thursday and today, Friday. I plan to make it to the gym bright and early tomorrow morning for my Step/Sculpt class. I've watched what I've eaten but I've got to admit that I had a bowl of ice-cream last night...I can't completely deprive myself!
Awww....to life AB....somethings change but I've got to adjust myself to make it work for me.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!