Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 random things about me...

So this little thingy (can't think of what to call it at the moment) has been circulating Facebook in recent days. I started to create one at two different times and just before posting I decided against it. So after reading Christina's blog I thought it would be 'safer' to post here instead. Here goes...

25 random things about me....

1. I am the oldest of three children. I have an amazing sister and a hilarious brother. They are the same age for 10 days out of the year, makes life interesting.

2. I love to workout. Step aerobics are BOMB...whoops...did I just say bomb...sorry.

3. At one time I weighed over 205 pounds and managed to lose a significant amount doing what is basically the only way one should lose weight. Change diet, exercise more. Duh.

4. I have OCD. I hate this. I would never ever wish this on anyone, not even my worst enemy. I've prayed asking God that E would never know what it feels like. I don't want him to ever know the pain and anxiety I've felt.

5. I've watched every episode of FRIENDS a million times. I'll never get tired of it. It's a major mood booster for sure.

6. I've hurt close friends of mine. I regret this. I'd like to blame youth and immaturity but honestly I have no one to blame but myself.

7. I have a MAJOR sweet tooth, hence the 205+ pound body. I'm embarrassed to admit that I had three chocolate chip cookies for breakfast this morning.

8. I can not and will not watch The Exorcist. That movie freakin scares the crap out of me. Oh, and I won't watch 'A Haunting' on the Discovery Channel either. *shudders*

9. I am a neat freak. I would clean my house all day if I had the time. I especially can't stand it if my carpet isn't vacuumed.

10. With that said, I can't stand to clean the shower. It is such a pain and takes too long.

11. I love the rain. If I had my way, it would rain, be windy along with thunder and lightning on most days. Maybe I should move to Oregon?

12. Although my intentions are good, I've yet to read my Bible everyday or even most days. I really need to work on that.

13. Along with Christina, I hate to answer the phone when I don't know who's on the other side. I admit I sometimes hate to answer it even when I know who's on the other side.

14. 9 times out of 10 you won't catch me on my cell phone. It's because of one of two things, the ringer is too low or on vibrate or I just don't want to talk with you. That sounds bad. I know this. (to defend myself, most times it's b/c of #1, honestly)

15. During the first few days (and weeks) that E was home, I wanted him to go away. Even though I love him more than life itself, my OCD was probably at it's worst, EVER. I don't even want to describe the thoughts I was having...scary, awful thoughts.

16. I absolutely love to laugh. I especially love to meet and be around people who make me laugh. Honestly, I probably laugh at most anything. What can I say? I'm easily amused.

17. I'm horrible about returning phone calls. I'm so not a phone person, I'd much rather send an email or text message than talk on the phone. I'm sure it has something to do with awkward silences...they're just that, awkward.

18. Driving isn't all I do in the car. I sing, laugh, cry and *ahem* road rage.

19. I want to do so many things but don't have the patience to complete them. I've started more than one scrapbook, they all only have the first page complete. I started a lap quilt, not much completed on that one and E's baby book has yet to have a word written down. (Don't worry, I've written all his milestones down in a WORD doc to be transferred, someday.)

20. I have a morning TV routine. 7-9am Saved By The Bell, 9-10 The Golden Girls, 10-11 The Price Is Right and from 11-12 The People's Court. But to my defense I watch these as I take care of E and do chores...I'm not THAT bad. I promise.

21. I took statistics three times. It's hard for some people.

22. Within the past year I've gone down $16.50 in pay. It's scary but worth it.

23. I cry when I listen to worship songs. I'll be singing along and all of a sudden, I can't sing a word. My tears have taken them away.

24. I can't stand the thought that someone might (yes, I said might) be upset or annoyed with me. I'll go to great lengths to find out and make it right. It's sad really.

25. I'm very easily offended when it comes to politics. I need to get over this.

Hoping to bring on new readers and hence move me to post more frequently, why don't you leave me a comment letting me know what you think and also a link to your blog. And while you're at it, why not post a '25 random things about me' post? I'd like to know more about you! hehe =)

2 comments:

  1. Wanted to comment... Way to be brave and put these things out there! I don't have a blog... I'm Christina's SIL and just check out the blogs that she lists on hers. I don't usualy de-lurk, but wanted to leave you a comment! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to comment to say "kudos" for putting these things out there! I don't have a blog and am Christina's SIL... I just meander around the blogs she has listed on hers every once in a while. So, here I am de-lurking! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin