Thursday, January 8, 2009

Message Boards = Annoying....

So I've recently decided to join Weight Watchers and signed up for their online program. I located the message boards in order to get some new ideas for recipes and such and began poking around. After only 5 minutes or so I remembered why I despise message boards.

It's funny how people behave when they are by themselves sitting in front of their computers and "talking" with complete strangers. Actually it's not funny at all...it's very annoying. I'm wondering what's so enjoyable and fun about being mean and rude? Just because you're not actually sitting in front of a human being you feel the need to bash someone? Come on...let's get real. Am I the only one looking to be nice and friendly? This is what I encountered this morning....

I was on a board entitled "Christian Mommies" and as I read I noticed a post by someone that said..."Did I just see you say "mommies"?. This got me to thinking. What's wrong with saying "Mommy"? So with my curiosity getting the better of me, I asked. This is the responses I received:



1. It's a board no no. Like preggers and preggo.

And god help you if you refer to yourself as so and so's mommy.


2. Mommies is nauseating

San Jose Sharks? Sorry about the asskicking we gave you on Tuesday! Go Flames!



Huh??? Where did the Sharks suddenly come into the picture? And why should God help me because I refer to myself as E's mommy? This is the crap I can't stand. Either these people have nothing better to do or they live miserable lives...

I hate message boards....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin