Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I feel accomplished!

For the past week or so I've been trying to get myself to the grocery store for a much needed shopping run. I decided that I wanted to jump on the coupon band wagon so I've been searching like a busy little bee for coupons. I put together a little binder, similar to Christina's and others I've seen online.

Let me pause for a second and thank someone....Christina Weedon. Since I've become a stay-at-home mom, obviously I've been home A LOT and somedays I don't know what to do with myself. I met Christina on the babycenter website while we both were just getting prego and her blog has become such a fun place for me to visit. She has such wonderful ideas and fun things to do and it's shown me things I can be doing with my time when my little one naps or is simply playing nicely by himself. I tried couponing sometime last summer but almost immediately become overwhelmed with the time and energy that's needed to be put into it. Then after reading Christina's wonderful couponing posts, and if you haven't yet, go here, I've come to realize that I just needed to get organized! So that I did. So, Thank You Christina. I've always been one to be creative and crafty, but recently had lost the motivation, thank you for giving me the push I needed!

So yesterday I saved over $20 bucks with my coupons, sales and going to Costco!!! Wooo Hooo!!! I was so excited!!! I couldn't wait to tell B about it when he got home from work. I was like a jabbering little toddler when she helped mommy with house work! I'd have taken a picture of all my garb, but it was just too much stuff and my kitchen looked like a tornado hit it!

In addition to my shopping trip, I put together a list of meals for the week! I've NEVER done this before. I got all the ingredients I needed for all those meals yesterday and I can't wait to make my pot roast tonight, well actually I'll be making it in about 10 minutes in my crock pot! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Here's a pic of my coupon binder. If you have any suggestions on how to make it better...by all means, let me know!

Oh and before I forget...two funny things happened to me yesterday while shopping. While I was at Costco I was looking at the chicken breasts and comparing them to a coupon I had in my binder for the grocery store. After putting my coupon back, I looked up and this man was standing in front of me looking at me. He said, "So are you comparing prices or something?" to that I replied "Yeah, well sort of. I was just looking at a coupon I have for the grocery store." He seemed impressed. Then while in the check out line, I had my binder open and this woman passed behind me and said, in a loud embarrassing voice, "Wow, look at you, you're so organized! That's so wonderful!". That made me feel good and helped to add to my "feeling accomplished" feeling...although I wasn't looking for an audience! hahaha!

Anyhoo...here you go!

Oh and I'll add a picture of my cute bag that I'm carrying my binder in. I got it from my sister-in-law as a bridesmaid gift for her wedding that was in November. It's so cutsie!



3 comments:

  1. Ok, now thank YOU for giving me the same push!!! I keep telling Nate I want to make a meal plan for the week, but somehow lose motivation from the time I say it to actually doing it! You have a baby at home... if you can do it, I can too! Thanks V!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! look at you go!!

    ...and I'm blushing :o) Thanks for being so kind!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for subscribing to my blog. Great job on your coupon binder! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin