Friday, February 20, 2009

To have faith like that

A couple days ago I came across a blog entitled "He Will Carry Me". The owner of the blog's name is Stacy and she lost her son Issac just 16 minutes after he was born.

As I read her posts, tears welled up in my eyes like a fountain. I could never imagine going through what she has gone through. Losing a child in any form is horrible enough, but imagine knowing that your child is going to die months before his birth and continuously praying for a miracle. Stacy's faith is amazing to me. How I long for faith like hers.

Yesterday I was hanging out with my sister and while driving I mentioned this blog to her. I told her how much peace she seems to have. Even though she knew she was going to lose her child, give birth to him and then witness his passing, she still trusted in the Lord. I'm not saying that life is a piece of cake or any of this was easy, but knowing that she wasn't going through this trial alone is what has held her. The Lord was and is still with her. He will continue His great work through this awful time. What a great testimony her life has become. She has encouraged me beyond words and I'm thankful for that.

If you remember, keep Stacy and her husband, Spencer, in your prayers. I'm sure there are days, if not most, that are heavy and they need those burdens to be lifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin