Thursday, March 5, 2009

Don't say 'Sweetie' around me!

I was cruising around Blogger this evening checkin' out what features it has that I wasn't aware of and I came across something called 'Plinky'. It's a website that provides prompts or questions of things to help you think of something interesting or fun to write on your blog when you have a 'Blog Block'.

The question I answered was "What are words that you hate?" It was funny that this question just happened to be the first one because my sister and I were just having this conversation a few weeks ago. She was saying that she hates the word "ka ka"...I thought that was funny! At the time I said I hated any word that's used to make any part of the womans body sound vulgar. I'll spare you the actual word I hate...I don't even want to type it.

Tonight I thought of another one. I can not stand it when someone calls me 'sweetie'. It has always made my skin crawl (well not really but you know what I mean!). For me, if someone calls me 'sweetie' it's as if the person calling me that considers me 'below' them or sees me as immature. I don't know why that is but that's just how it makes me feel. I especially hate it when someone younger than me calls me that. I have this cousin who is probably a year or so younger than me but when we were teenagers, she always seemed to feel the need to call me 'sweetie'....I hated it! I wanted to scream, "I'm not your sweetie!". But I refrained from being "that girl" and just smiled and continued on with my day.

I really like this 'Plinky' site...it really does provide great ideas on great blog posts!

So...that brings me to my question....what word(s) do you hate? I can't wait to hear your answers!

3 comments:

  1. Sweetie is interesting...I only mind when strangers call me that. They don't know me so how can I be any term of endearment to them?

    The word(s) that probably frustrate me the most are "back up". My name is Becca and so I always turn my head to anyone saying "back up". I'm not sure there are any words that make my skin crawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...ready to laugh?? I hate the word, *gulp* ...panties.

    I won't even let it escape my lips...

    Oh! and blouse, because it just sounds funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are funny! I'd probably feel the same way if my name was Becca!

    I don't like the word panties either, I like underwear! hehehe! =)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin