Monday, March 2, 2009

Friends, babies & dinner

An adorable couple at my church just had their second child on February 21 and B and I are planning to take a meal to them this Friday evening. After hearing about their likes and dislikes or rather, what mommy and baby can and can not have, I've decided on my pot roast that I made last week. I'm thinking of also making a garden salad and a dessert.

Their eldest child is 3.5 years old and I'd like to take something to her since I know it's got to be hard sharing mommy and daddy's time with a new sibling. My dilemma? What to get a 3.5 year old little girl! I need some suggestions and ideas! I also want to get a gift for the baby but I'd really like to be a little frugal since I'm making dinner and dessert and bringing something for a 3.5 year old. What do you suggest I do for both babies? Any idea would be very helpful!!! Frugal ideas would be great!

2 comments:

  1. Let's see... for the 3.5 year old, how about a doll? Grab a little pack of newborn size diapers, a baby doll and a preemie onesie to fit the doll, and she can care for baby right along with mommy!

    ...a gift for the baby... a flashy, fun pacifier? a picture frame, footprint kit, or other keepsake? a rattle or other small toy?

    What is something you totally appreciated having as a brand new mom? Because I'll bet she'd appreciate it as well.

    I'm sure mom will appreciate *anything* you think to bring for her tiny new love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina! I was planning on giving her some coloring books and crayons but the little doll was a hit! Thanks so much for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin