So I really need some help.
In 2002 I was about 60 or so pounds over weight and finally decided to do something about it. I successfully lost a total of 40 pounds over the course of 3 or 4 years. I was actually one of the many few who lost weight after getting married! In fact my wedding gown was too big!! Wow!
I had my weekly workout schedule down pat and rarely, if ever, wavered from it. I found that if I did something I actually enjoyed I was more likely to stick with it. So I found step aerobics.
I loved it (and still do) because of it's motivating music, enthusiastic instructors and basically fun environment. I attended the Step 2 (advanced Step) on Monday evenings at 5:35, so fun! On Tuesdays I attended a Step and Sculpt class at 7:45pm until it was canceled and then moved to the 5:35 Cardio Sculpt class. I chose Wednesdays to be my 'off' day but on occasion I attended the 6:40pm Cardio Sculpt class. On Thursdays I went to the 6:40 Cardio Sculpt class and always took Fridays off. Saturday mornings I went to the 9:30am Step class and took Sundays completely off. I loved this schedule and actually looked forward to my time there. I always felt so energized and healthy after leaving the gym and heading home. I loved it.
To aid in my weight loss I cut most fast food out of my diet and switched from regular soda to diet which is were I believe most of my weight came off. I drank A LOT of soda. But I still allowed myself those delicious and often times, forbidden desserts but I didn't go over board. I was at a happy medium with my eating habits.
So what's the problem? Well, now that I'm a stay-at-home mom during the day, my schedule is completely off track as well as my eating habits. I still try to make it to the gym on most days but often times I either have to work or by the time my hubby gets home, all I want to do is be at home with him.
Over the past couple weeks, I've really been struggling. I feel like I've lost my 'mind set' of exercise and healthful eating. For example, I only made it to the gym on Monday night this week. I had Tuesday and Wednesday off from work, so there really was no reason for me not to work out. Instead I stayed home and ate. And with Easter coming tomorrow, I've been preparing for it by baking cookies and buying candy. I AM OUT OF CONTROL! This is what I've eaten just today, I won't even go there with what went into my mouth the other days...
Breakfast
None, well except for some Hershey Kisses and Peanut M&M's, I don't think that counts.
Lunch
Togo's turkey and cheese sandwich with Baked Lays potato chips and diet soda.
Snack
A handful or more of Reduced Fat Triscuits
Starbucks tall non-fat decaf vanilla latte on my way to work
Small non-fat frozen yogurt with fresh strawberries on my break at work
Dinner
Taco Bell Burrito Supreme and Taco supreme, diet soda
After dinner
A much unneeded bowl of chocolate and peanut butter ice cream and a handful of peanut M&M's
Isn't that awful? I feel so disgusting right now! What is wrong with me? I know what I need to do but somehow I can't bring myself to do it. I feel so helpless and out of control (haven't I already mentioned that???).
Please, I need some advice. What are ways I can get myself back into my exercise routine and healthful eating habits? Now that I'm at home all day, I need new ways to set myself up to be successful. I no longer have my structured daily routine of work, gym and then home Monday - Friday. Obviously that won't work for me now. I need a new structured routine that revolves around my home life and my child.
Please, please...I really need some help!!!
I fear going back to my old body....that frightens me!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















I know how you feel!!!! I have been doing the same thing lately! And, I'm trying to get in the "best shape of my life" since I'm about to turn the Big 3-0!
ReplyDeleteBut, I seem to be sabotaging myself around every turn! But, since I only have 32 days left before my trip to the beach AND birthday...I have to kick it into gear.
Plus...it really stinks not fitting into ANY of my clothes! Everything in my closet is from a size 1 to 4....and let's just say that I'm squeezing into what I can....(mostly skirts..ugh) I just refuse to buy anything when my body is like this....especially, since I'm so close to being able to fit into those clothes....sheesh...just gets so frustrating.
So...if I stick to my guns...and eat like I used to...and work out...I should be back to "normal" by my "deadline"...hehe...
Best of luck to you, too!!
-Summer
I'm so glad that I'm back from my vacation! I'm soooo getting back on track tomorrow!!!
ReplyDeleteHow have you been doing this week?? Any luck with sticking to the plan?