It's so funny how almost everyday I think of what I was doing at this time last year. For instance, my last day of work was on April 17. My shower was on the 19th. And on May 4 it'll be one year since I started dilating to 5cm....6 weeks before my due date!
I was listening to a burned CD in my car yesterday and it had songs on it that reminded me of the time surrounding Evan's birth. It kinda made me sad. Even though I had a rough pregnancy, I really miss that time. It was so exciting and new. I couldn't wait to meet this new little person that I'd love more than life itself.
This time last year we were putting the finishing touches on the nursery and it was, well....fun. I remember being in his room sitting in his rocker imagining what it was going to be like once he was here. I stared at each part of his room and studied it. I couldn't believe I was going to be a mother. I was going to have a child. A son. Evan.
I have to be honest however. I did spend a lot of time in his room actually wondering if he would really come. With all the complications I was having, it made it hard for me to believe we really would bring him home. It brought tears to my eyes just thinking about it. I would ask Ben, "Do you think he really will come home?" And of course he said yes.
So...in 27 days, I will have a one year old. A whole new chapter will be starting and I'm excited about it!
Here are a few pictures to enjoy of Evan the day we brought him home and one from just a few days ago.
Did I mention that he's starting to walk?? It's really cute!
Evan at 4 days old:

Evan 4 days shy of his 11 month birthday:





















No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!