Monday, April 6, 2009

Marley & Me

WARNING! Possible spoiler alert!! I'm not going into detail about the movie but what I say gives you a picture of the scene!

Yesterday Ben and I sat down for a cozy afternoon and watched 'Marley & Me'. My sister had recently seen it and warned me not to watch it because it's sad....she literally sobbed!

So when Ben told me he got it, my first thought was that I didn't want to watch it but since he went to the trouble of getting it, I felt obligated to.

Anyhoo, I loved this movie. Yes, it was sad. Yes, I cried. Yes, it was loud. While I cried, my fluffy orange tabby kitty cat, Milo, sat on my lap and begged for attention. I stared at him and felt so grateful to have him and his sister, Camille, in our lives.

We got them on May 14, 2005 and I was so excited to bring them home! We originally went to the animal shelter to adopt just one adult cat, but when we arrived, they had a wall full of windows with adorable kittens in them. Camille caught Ben's eye first and suggested we check her out. We played with her for about 20 minutes and fell in love. She was such a playful little thing! She ran around chasing her little toys and jumped around like crazy! I chose her name and then we decided that she needed a friend.

We went looking through the windows again and found Milo. He was so stinkin' cute! I could tell he was a scaredy cat because he was trying to hide in the back of his cube while standing in his litter box. That broke my heart. We decided to take a look at him and while he didn't play at all like Camille did and he tried running away from us continually, he was adorable and after awhile he would warm up to us and we'd be one happy family!

Camille and Milo are the exact opposites!!! If there's a knock at the door, Camille runs towards it, Milo runs away from it. When someone new visits, it's like Camille is saying, "Hey, I'm Camille, can I sit on your lap and have you pet me for 10 hours?" And Milo's like, "I'm getting the heck out of here!" But on the other hand, once you've been here a few times, Camille's like, "Oh, it's you again, you're old news..." and Milo's like, "Hi, I've seen you before, I think I can trust you now." hahahaha! It's so weird!

Be we love them just the same!

This is them during the first few days they were home...

Camille


Milo


And this is them today...

Camille


Milo


So Camille and Milo were our first 'children'! It'll be nice to see Evan grow up with them.

Ps...if you do decide to watch the movie...bring Kleenex!

3 comments:

  1. I also really enjoyed the movie. My MIL complained after hearing about the ending... I replied with "what did you expect?" It is life. We love our pets just as they are our children... especially before we have children! Marley was quite the rascal though! Cute kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! This is Tiffany over at Shoppinghigh.blogspot.com.. I just thought you'd like to know your the winner of the cute Patchwork Throw Giveaway! Please e-mail me with your info as soon as possible @ salesaddict@gmail.com
    (If I dont hear from ya within 5 days, Ill have to pick a new winner.. so the sooner the better! Thanks. AND CONGRATS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED that movie (and you know I'm not a pet person). I cried through the whole thing! I loved their marriage & that Hollywood (for once) didn't screw up something so beautiful! I remember when you got your kitties! They were so tiny and super adorable! Is Milo still scared of coat hangers, or was that Camille? Heehee...

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin