Monday, May 18, 2009

6 days and counting...

This Sunday Evan will be turning the big O-N-E. Party preparations are on their way and I'm both excited and anxious.

I LOVE to entertain. Two years ago this July, I hosted a surprise 30th birthday party for my husband at our home. It was a Luau with all the bells and whistles. I had such a fun time ordering all the decorations from Oriental Trading Co. and all the food and goodies from Costco. While I had such a fun time planning, a nagging thought kept entering my mind. I had invited close to 50 some odd people and most were attending, this got me excited. But then I feared that after everyone arrived, suddenly I wouldn't know what to do, no one would have fun but be deathly bored and the party would turn out to be a dud. Of course that didn't happen. The party turned out wonderful and everyone looked like they were having a fun time. In fact, the house didn't start to clear out until close to midnight. Just for kicks, here are a few picks of the day:







I found a dress that matched Ben's shirt...I was very excited about that!



This picture kinda shows you the scene out on the patio. This is my brother-in-law Mark...notice his sneaky face around the food table!



In addition to the Luau theme, we also played video games which included the Wii, Xbox and Dance Dance Revolution. Fun!



When I look at these photos, I wish I would have taken more. At the time, I wasn't very camera friendly and I'm lucky my mother-in-law snapped these photos! The patio was decorated really cool!

Anywho, as Evan's party draws nearer, I'm starting to have the same party anxiety as I did with Ben's. I'm sure everything will turn out fine, but I'm just worried that no one will have fun. It's also a little nerve wracking since most of the people that are coming are people I know from different areas of my life. Not many of the guests will know each other, so this brings on some added anxiousness. I actually found myself looking at the clock last night at 7:00 and thinking that by that time next week, the party will be done and I won't have to worry about this anymore. I was sad because I just want Evan to have a fun party, even though he won't remember it! So I'm counting down the days...

In other party news, I went to TJ Maxx this afternoon and bought Evan's birthday gifts. I bought him two new outfits and a toy. The toy is pretty darn cool if I do say so myself! It's made my Infantino and it's the Penguin Bowling set shown below:



It was all I could do not to give it to him tonight. But I knew that if I did, he wouldn't have many gifts to open from us at his party, so I'll contain myself for now.

After my stop at TJ Maxx, I headed on over to Barnes n Noble and purchased the next book in the "What to Expect" series. It's the "What to Expect the Toddler Years" although the actual book I purchased had a different cover.



I really enjoyed the first two so I'm looking forward to reading this one. It's exciting to look ahead and see what's going to happen within the next few weeks and months. Have any of you mommies out there read any of these books? If you've read the third one, what did you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin