I've noticed that I have received many (if any) comments on my post recently and I can only assume one of two things:
1. The topic of my posts aren't too entertaining/interesting
or
2. My readers are reading but for whatever reason, don't leave comment love

I'm sad.
I love reading blogs. Especially the ones I follow. I try to leave comments on a regular basis in order to support their blogs and share thoughts and opinions. Over the past few days, I've read a few of those blogs a little closer to see what it is that they are posting that causes their readers to respond with their comments. And honestly, I can't see the difference between their blogs and mine. I've even noticed that some of my readers have dropped off my "follower" list. Am I that bad?
So I guess that leaves me with my question, what is it that you would like to see more often or less often in my posts?
I love posting on my blog and even more, I love to know that I'm entertaining others by my daily experiences and/or thoughts. So if what I'm currently posting is blah, please let me know so that I may be able to draw your attention on a more regular basis with interesting and fun topics.
After all, that's what a blog is all about, right?
Thanks guys!





















Dearest Veronica, my heart goes out to you. I used to struggle with wanting my blog to be "just so" in order to attract readers. However, I noticed when I put that pressure on myself, the blog lost its original purpose for me which was to be an outlet for me to express myself. When I firt began my blog I assumed no one was reading it and actually that helped me because it was just about writing and not about pleasing or drawing others. Some days I receive no comments and other days I receive many. There are some things we write that people really relate to and want to comment on. There are some things people relate to but can't find the words to reply. There are many people who read blogs regularly but never leave replies unless they feel they have something revolutionary to say. Just remember to stay true to yourself and your purpose for writing and don't put so much pressure on yourself to entertain. If nothing else, remember that Your Heavenly Father delights in your blog because you use it to honor Him. Blessings to you.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I've thought of that before myself. My husband always says, "It's your blog, it's about what YOU like." And you're both right.
ReplyDeleteI guess I just like the idea of interacting with my readers when really I should just focus on what it is that I like and relate that on my blog.
Thanks again!
I think you're doing a great job!!
ReplyDeleteIt certainly takes time to build up a good readership, and comments come and go in waves. One day, I have ten comments on a post that felt 'so so' to me... the next, no comments!
I like where your 'remodel' is going--it's going to be pretty!!