I can't remember how I found this website, but I'm so glad I did! It's jam packed with great low-fat, low-cal recipes and tips.
After my trip around the website I mentally noted that I'd return in the very near future in search of a fun and tasty meal. Then imagine my surprise when while perusing the isles of Barnes and Noble, I run into this! OMG! (except it's "Oh My Gosh!") I was practically doing the happy dance right there by the New Releases table. I had no idea HG had created a book of all her fantastic recipes! Yay! (Now that I think about it, I wonder how I missed her book on her website...perhaps my mind was distracted by all the mouth watering recipes!) I skipped (but not really) up to the register and giggled all the way home. I had to get my nose into this book!
My first recipe was the fabulous "Cinnamonlicious French Toast". Isn't your mouth watering just looking at the photo? Mine is.
Then as Ben, Evan and I made our way home from our family trip to Oregon last month, we stopped at a Target and what did I see? This! Another OMG! (except it's "Oh My Gosh!")
However, I wasn't able to purchase it at the time since our funds where tight after our vacation so I waited patiently until the right moment came when I could get a copy of my own! And that day was Saturday! I was at Barnes and Noble on my way to the check out to make my happy purchase when I remembered the price of the book at Target. Like $5 bucks cheaper! So I put it back and patiently waited another day before heading to Target to get it. Since then, I haven't been able to put it down. I'm so loving this "Under 200 calories a serving" idea!
I went through the book this evening and made myself a little shopping list. I then headed to the grocery store and made my selections of hard to find items and went home. I didn't hesitate to make the "Frozen Fudge Chip Freeze". F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!
I just finished off my last slurp and I'm a HG...happy girl!
Ps....if you're interested in trying out these recipes, let me know and I'll email them to you!
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















Those both look fantastic! I used to read the HG website but I completely forgot about it when I started my wedding diet... I think I need to pick those books up!
ReplyDeleteI am so sharing this with my mom. She just started weight watchers and she is in desperate need of some good low cal recipes. Thanks for sharing :-)
ReplyDelete