I just had to share a funny incident that happened to me while at work last night. Although, I must admit, it wasn't funny at all at the time. I was highly irritated but now I can give it a laugh and maybe you will too.
So I was at the front of the store straightening things up to get ready for closing when an older couple walked in. As they came towards me I said hello and asked them how they were (like I always do and should find a new line...but that's beside the point). The woman proceeded to ask me if the store sold men's sandals and started rattling off some brand names. I hesitated for a split second thinking of where they could be and then started walking towards the mens side of the store. Now, I should interject right here and say that the store is constantly in motion. Nothing is ever in the same place for longer than like a day so whenever I work (which isn't more than 10-15 hours a week) I never know where anything is, this is where my hesitation came into play.
Anyway, as I started walking, the man said, "What, you don't know if you have mens sandals? You have to look for them?" with a little snicker in his voice. I turned around and explained that the store is moved around often and we receive new product all the time so I have to take a look around. I felt like saying, "So you know where everything is in your house at all times? You never have to look for something?" Geez! What a jerk! Sorry about that, but he was.
Moving on....I found the sandals, pointed them out and walked away. Then I hear, "Um...these are all sizes 6 and 7, we need a 10. Do you have a 10?" I walked towards the sandals and since they were all different colors, I asked them which ones they wanted so that I could look them up on the computer. They answered, "We want sandals." What? I already know that....whatever. So I become a little more specific and say, "What color do you want, there are blue, green and brown." And they say that it didn't matter.
Arh! What crawled up their behinds? I was nothing but nice to them and in return I get this hassle? I guess good deeds do go unpunished.
By the way....we were out of size 10. Too bad.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















Sorry about your experience at work. I had plenty of those kinds of days when I was working. I used to be a manager at Robinsons May and I ended up going on maternity leave at 6 months and never went back. There are days when I do miss the interaction with other adults, but I definitely do not miss the rude customers!!!
ReplyDelete