Several years back, I purchased a hymns and faith CD by Amy Grant called "Legacy...Hymns and Faith". I absolutely loved it! I probably listened to it a million times within the first year I had it.
It's funny how a simple song can bring healing, hope or peace during times of sadness, discouragement or fear. In particular, "What A Friend We Have In Jesus" really touched me. It brought tears to my eyes every time I heard it and still does to this day.
When my grandfather went home to be with the Lord in April of 2005, my sister and I put a little slide show together for his memorial service. We played this song. It somehow reminded me of him and to have it a part of his service really meant a lot to me.
A few years after my purchase of that CD, Amy Grant came out with another album dedicated to hymns. This time it was called "Rock of Ages...Hymns and Faith". It sat on my CD shelf for a few years until just the other day when I popped it into my CD player in my car. I'm in love. I absolutely love it! As I drove home from work this evening, I listened to a song called "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus". It's so special and it brought a tear to my eye. I'd like to share the main chorus with you. I hope it touches your heart in some special way today, wherever you are in your life.
"Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full into His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















I grew up listening to Amy Grant since I was a little girl. She used to be one of my favorites!!!
ReplyDelete