Today Ben and I took Evan to his second haircut. We last had his hair cut on May 23, the day before his first birthday and it has grown SO much!
He has this little cowlick in the back that makes his hair stick up funny. While it's cute, it drives me crazy! I just want the darn thing to stay down! His hair is so fine and soft right now that it basically does whatever it wants. I've come to the realization that I just need to accept it but then I thought of a solution....a haircut!
During his first haircut the stylist primarily used clippers which is why I believe Evan's experience was pretty much enjoyable. It was a completely different story today. Since we decided to go a little shorter so that we can go longer between visits the stylist used the electric razor on the sides and back of his head. Boy did this not go over well. Evan started crying like crazy producing giant crocodile tears. My heart hurt seeing that. Ben and I just tried to console him the best we could and prayed that it would be over soon.
At one point I thought I noticed a little blood behind his left ear and thought that maybe since Evan was moving his head around so much the stylist nicked him a bit. I was going to take a closer look once the haircut was done but just before she finished she said, "It looks like some sort of food is behind his ear." I look at it a bit closer and realize that yes, it was food. We gave him spaghetti the night before and it was everywhere! It's so funny that we missed a spot, I guess his hair was long!
Then at the end, Evan was still a little upset and another little boy who was probably around 6 or 7 came over and started staring at him. Evan saw him and started to wave. It was so cute! Ben and I told Evan to say 'hi' and just then the little boy said, "He's just a baby and babies don't talk, they just make funny sounds." It was so funny....but so true!
I'll snap a photo of my little man sportin' his new due tomorrow and post it for all to see. He's getting so big now! Where as the time gone?!
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!